• Native Language:
      • Uzbek
      • Home Country:
      • Uzbekistan
      • Current Location:
      • Uzbekistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Proofread please

The Russian Empire (after the Volga region and the Caucasus) once again encountered the Muslim world and owing to its experience, it did not seemingly count on the military power. This could most likely serve a reason for the accomplishment of numerous publications with adapted translations of the Biblical subjects first of all in Kazan’ that became a hotbed of missionary activities . It might also be for this reason that Qisas ar-Rabghuzi, carried out by N.Ilminski, was in the first place studied from the missionary positions, quite famous and rather primitive cliché with the “disclosure of Muhammadan religion” in which investigators N.Ostroumov and N.Katanov played a significant role .
    Nevertheless, Russian investigators created more academic works which dealt predominantly with the peculiarities of the language of Qisas ar-Rabghuzi as well . The end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century are marked as a period in which Qisas ar-Rabghuzi was on the point of central attention of Russian works of diverse directions . Obviously, such interest stimulated frequent printings at the Tashkent printing-houses of that period . The work was used in the Turkic-speaking maktabs and even in some sufi khanakas of that time .
    Furthermore, at the beginning of the 20th century, Qisas ar-Rabghuzi was read out at special meetings of women of the Fergana Valley and Khorezm. At the same time, while such joint readings and lithographic editions were frequently referred to in Fergana, then people of Khorezm preferred to consult manuscripts of Qisas ar-Rabghuzi .
    Last edited by azkad; 12-Jun-2008 at 21:06. Reason: too lengthy

azkad is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Uzbek
      • Home Country:
      • Uzbekistan
      • Current Location:
      • Uzbekistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Proofread please

Even though this post is too lengthy, I believe you, dear teachers, colleagues and forum partakers, look through and suggest something, since it is of much importance for me to improve my skills in the English language. Thanks.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Proofread please

Quote Originally Posted by azkad View Post
    The Russian Empire (to the east of the Volga region and the Caucasus) once again encountered the Muslim world and, owing to this experience, it did not seemingly count on the military power [whose military power?]. This could most likely serve as a reason for the accomplishment of numerous publications with adapted translations of Biblical subjects, first of all in Kazan’ which became a hotbed of missionary activities. It might also be for this reason that study of Qisas ar-Rabghuzi, carried out by N. Ilminski, was in the first place based on the stand of the missionaries ["missionary position" has a specific meaning and is best avoided: ]AskOxford: missionary position , and is the source of the famous and rather primitive cliché of the “disclosure of Muhammadan religion” in which investigators N. Ostroumov and N. Katanov played a significant role.

Nevertheless, Russian investigators created more academic works which dealt predominantly with the peculiarities of the language of Qisas ar-Rabghuzi as well. The end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century is marked as a period in which Qisas ar-Rabghuzi was a point of central attention in Russian works of diverse views/opinions. Obviously, such interest stimulated frequent printings at the Tashkent printing-houses of that period. The work was used in the Turkic-speaking maktabs and even in some sufi khanakas of that time.

Furthermore, at the beginning of the 20th century, printed versions of Qisas ar-Rabghuzi were used at special meetings of women of the Fergana Valley and Khorezm. At the same time, while such joint readings and lithographic editions were frequently referred to in Fergana, the people of Khorezm preferred to consult manuscripts of Qisas ar-Rabghuzi.

No space before a full stop.

In names, there should be a space between the initial and the surname: J. Smith; D. Brown.

azkad is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Uzbek
      • Home Country:
      • Uzbekistan
      • Current Location:
      • Uzbekistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Proofread please

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    No space before a full stop.

In names, there should be a space between the initial and the surname: J. Smith; D. Brown.
    Thank you so much Anglika for your close help, by the way, I jumped to the Oxford page to find out missionary position, I was taken aback, as if my heart stopped from beating, imagine what I would get if I submitted it; traslation process, in fact, turns out to be very subtle job, and without your help, that is, native speakers, it is very difficult to handle the job. I would like to thank you and your staff over and over.