ksu is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you find any grammar and punctuation mistakes?

Hi, may be somebody can check part of my written assignment and show me my mistakes? Thank you!
    All in all in the analysed group there were 16 students of which 10 students formed the active part of the group. Gender diversity of the group: 14 women and 2 men. The average age of the group was 35-37 years old; the youngest person (according to the questionnaire) was 31 year old, the eldest Ė 60 year old. Students had various types of hobbies and interests: reading, network marketing, travelling and tourism, sports, engineering, languages, family matters, etc. Students stated the following reasons of learning English: communication with new people, career development, travelling and working in the foreign countries, emigration, just for fun, etc.
    The preferred activity types in learning English were speaking (dialogues), listening comprehension skills, different types of games, especially the role ones, grammar. The major part of the group had the previous learning experience at schools (for 1-5 years) and in the institutes of higher education (for 4-5 years); some had self-learning experience and English communication practice with their family members. I assume that dominant learning style in the group was the visual one, as the majority of students preferred looking at pictures and models, focused at tables and charts, but I also have to mention that large percentage of students were a mixture of visual and kinaesthetic learner types as they liked the handouts and manipulative activities. The main language weaknesses of students were listening comprehension, oral speech recognition, memorizing vocabulary words, grammar rules and reading. Among their main language strengths students mentioned grammar, reading, translation and vocabulary memorizing.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can you find any grammar and punctuation mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by ksu View Post
    Hi, may be somebody can check part of my written assignment and show me my mistakes? Thank you!
    All in all in the analysed group there were The group use for this analysis consisted of 16 students of which 10 students formed the active part of the group. Gender diversity of the group: 14 women and 2 men. The average age of the group was 35-37 years old[you should have only one figure for the average age.]; the youngest person (according to the questionnaire) was 31 year old, the eldest, 60 year old [was a 31-year old//was 31 years old] . Students had various types of hobbies and interests: reading, network marketing, travelling and tourism, sports, engineering, languages, family matters, etc. Students stated the following reasons for learning English: communication with new people, career development, travelling and working in the foreign countries, emigration, just for fun, etc.
    The preferred activity types in learning English were speaking (dialogues), listening comprehension skills, different types of games, especially the role ones[ role games] , grammar. The major part of the group had the previous learning experience at school (for 1-5 years) and in institutes of higher education (for 4-5 years); some had self-learning experience and English communication practice with their family members. I assume that the dominant learning style in the group was the visual one, as the majority of students preferred looking at pictures and models, focused at tables and charts, but I also have to mention that large percentage of students were a mixture of visual and kinaesthetic learner types as they liked the handouts and manipulative activities. The main language weaknesses of students were listening comprehension, oral speech recognition, memorizing vocabulary words, grammar rules and reading. Among their main language strengths students mentioned grammar, reading, translation and vocabulary memorizing.