dianou is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Question application for a work placement any mistakes ?

Hello,

I am sending an application to the BBC for a work placement and I would like to know if you can post mistakes in the text below! thanks a lot.

As a French Journalism graduate with a desire to work in the media environment, and good skills in television and radio production, I believe I am a good candidate for this work placement.

During my studies, I developed a strong interest for the audiovisual media. I worked as a reporter in the national French radio station (France Info) and a television channel in Paris (R.F.O.). I had the opportunity to carry out many interviews, write my own reports and edit them. I learnt how to work within a team and being under pressure made me even more motivated.

This work placement retained my attention because during my studies, I have always been interested in International issues. After my journalism studies, I graduated in political science and most of the electives I chose were related to international affairs such as International Law or International Relations, where I obtained high marks. Africa is a continent I am really attracted to and I am planning to travel there at the end of the year.

I believe I have the skills necessary to complete this work placement. I have been living in England for two years and I am currently preparing a Public Relations Master at London College of Communication as well as a Writing Skills for Journalism course, therefore, my command of English is good. As I mentioned it before, I carried out many interviews when working as a reporter in the French radio so I will also be able to record voice pieces and ask accurate questions.

Moreover, I have a good knowledge of computer programs and I actively enjoy researching on the Internet, and have a basic understanding of HTML and Visual Basic.

The BBC is a well-known in my country and all around the world and I would love to work for a corporation with such a high prestige. I have got work experience in France and doing a work placement in a foreign country would be a great opportunity for me, as it would extend my knowledge and increase my chances to obtain a good job afterwards.

I understand that this work placement is very intensive and demands devotion, and I am willing to work as hard as possible to fulfil your expectations. I would be very grateful if you gave me the chance to show you what I am capable of.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: application for a work placement any mistakes ?

Quote Originally Posted by dianou View Post
    Hello,

I am sending an application to the BBC for a work placement and I would like to know if you can post mistakes in the text below! thanks a lot.

As a French Journalism graduate with a desire to work in the media, and proven skills in television and radio production, I believe I am a good candidate for this work placement.

During my studies, I developed a strong interest for the audiovisual media. I worked as a reporter for the national French radio station (France Info) and a television channel in Paris (R.F.O.). I had the opportunity to carry out many interviews, write my own reports and edit them. I learnt how to work within a team and being under pressure made me even more motivated.

This work placement caught my attention because I have always been interested in international issues. After my journalism studies, I graduated in political science and most of the electives I chose were related to international affairs such as International Law or International Relations, in which I obtained high marks. Africa is a continent I am really attracted to and I am planning to travel there at the end of the year.

I believe I have the skills necessary to complete this work placement. I have been living in England for two years and I am currently taking a Master's Degree in Public Relations at the London College of Communication as well as a Writing Skills for Journalism course, therefore my command of English is good. As I mentioned before, I carried out many interviews when working as a reporter in the French radio so I will also be able to record voice pieces and ask accurate questions.

Moreover, I have a good knowledge of computer programs, I actively enjoy researching on the Internet, and have a basic understanding of HTML and Visual Basic.

The BBC is well-known in my country and all around the world and I would love to work for a corporation with such prestige. Doing a work placement in a foreign country would be a great opportunity for me, as it would extend my knowledge and increase my chances of obtaining a good job afterwards.

I understand that this work placement is very intensive and demands devotion, and I am willing to work as hard as possible to fulfil your expectations. I would be very grateful if you gave me the chance to show you what I am capable of.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: application for a work placement any mistakes ?

good luck to you!:)