Thanks a lot.
Originally Posted by Casiopea
Thanks a lot.
I recommend people using numeric figures to express time instead of words in most situations because all(?) people knows numbers and it is much easier/faster to get the meaning.
seventeen (minutes) to four (in the morning)
thirteen thousand seven hundred and forty-five
By the way, Ripley, why do you say thanks to yourself?Originally Posted by ripley
Seems a bit weird to me ^^"
Thanking others in adavance?Originally Posted by Wai_Wai
Look careful. It is supposed to thank him/her only.Originally Posted by tdol
The heading states "in reply to Ripley"
It was me. In responding to ripley's post, I hit the wrong key! Agh. Sorry Ripley. I hit the edit key instead of the reply key. Agh. Agh. Agh. :D Ripley's post is actually my reply to his post.Originally Posted by tdol
I am so sorry! When I replied to your post, Ripley, I hit the edit key instead of the reply key. Please accept my apologies.Originally Posted by ripley
Please see below.
My reply to your post
It sounds like you have a busy life.
In regards to writing the time, it's best to use the same form throughout, like this,
1:00, 5:00, 8:00 or
13:00, 17:00, 20:00 or
one o'clock, five o'clock, eight o'clock or
1 o'clock, 5 o'clock, 8 o'clock
Mixing the forms confuses the reader: 1:00 and 17:00 and 8 o'clock.
1) I leave school at one o' clock.
2) I go to dance lessons at 17:00.
3) I take dance lessons on Monday.
4) At eight o'clock I have a small bun for breakfast.
5) In the afternoon I study.
6) I pack up my school bag before going to school.
7) I take the bus to school.
At 8 o'clock my lessons begin.
9) At 8:00 p.m. I finish my dinner.
10) When I arrive home....
11) By 8:00 a.m. I am at school and I remain there until 13:00.
12) At 7:30 I get up, go into the bathroom, and after that I have breakfast.
13) In the morning, I get up at 7:30, get ready, and then go to school.
14) I take a mini-bus to Rome for my football training.
15) I get up and then wash.
16) This morning I have French and Math.
17) I go home with John and his dad.
1 I play on the computer.
19) I start school at 8:00.
20) My father drive me to school. I get to school by car. My father drives.
21) I go to my dance lesson.
22) Her dad is getting some champagne to celebrate her birthday.
23) When my morning lessons are over, I go home for my lunch.
24) On a typical day, I get up at 7:00.
25) I finish school at 13:00.
26) I go to the swimming pool and I stay there until 7:00.
27) I exercise. / I train.
2 I workout (at the gym). / I train for football.
29) I have P.E. (physical education). Or, I have football training.
30) I have volleyball training.
31) I have fun when I am training for football.
32) Her party is next Sunday.
All the best,
Oh I see...
You must have drunk a bottle of wine. ^o^
Again, my apologies.Originally Posted by Wai_Wai
All the best, and good luck in your studies. I trust the others will guide you well. :D