joseph_angelov is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation ESSAY: My project to create positive change in my environment.

My project to create positive change in my environment. How can I foster sustainable development in my community

could you help me with that essay, I've to write it for tomorrow (less than 24 hours)
    My english teacher wants me to have it done by tomorrow momrnin'

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESSAY: My project to create positive change in my environment.

When did you receive this assignment!?

What would you propose as a means to change your immediate environment for the good?

Are there traffic problems? Or anti-social behaviour amongst the young people? Or littering in the streets? Is the provision of electricity, gas and other utilities efficient or wasteful? Where do they come from and what better way is there to get them?

Your essay - you start writing!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: ESSAY: My project to create positive change in my environment.

society has evolved over times to keep up with modernization vis a vis the changing times,consequently we have to change our lifestyles,perceptions and ways of doing things.the youth are mostly affected by the changes that have occurred which has been overwhelming in a way since external influences equally play a big role in disorienting the youth.
    the trends that have come where the youth want to engage in excessive alcohol consumption,use of illict drugs,aggressive behaviour is on the increase and this calls for urgent attention from all concerned parties to come up with timely practical and tenable solutions.

most of the youth suffer from an identity crisis and in an effort to find themselves or be able to identify who they really are engage in deviant behaviours under the fallacy that it will gain them the acceptance and recognition they so desire, and that explains why alcohol intake,cigarette smoking etcetra is on the rise since indulging in these is supposedly considered being cool and expected behaviour from youths.
    to be able to tackle drug abuse among the youth,we need to first start from an early age to let children know what is right and expected of them from a tender age, adults living with them should be the ideal role models so that they grow up getting used to doing things in a particular way and appreciating the benefits too.
    youth needs to have their talents identified,harnessed, and put to good use with various examples being given of the successful musicians,leaders and sportsmen all over the world and comparisons being made by telling and showing them what deviant behaviour results into and repurcussions thereto, in this way ,they will know to appreciate whats right from wrong,be able to spend their spare time wisely and indulge in meaningful activity.

what about this, could you correct my mistakes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joseph_angelov View Post
    Society has evolved over time to keep up with modernization vis a vis the changing times, consequently we have to change our lifestyles, perceptions and ways of doing things. the youth are mostly affected by the changes that have occurred which has [plural] been overwhelming in a way since external influences equally play a big role in disorienting the youth.

The trends that have come where the youth want to engage in excessive alcohol consumption and use of illicit drugs, aggressive behaviour is on the increase and this calls for urgent attention from all concerned parties to come up with timely practical and tenable solutions.

Most of the youth suffer from an identity crisis and, in an effort to find themselves or be able to identify who they really are, engage in deviant behaviours under the fallacy false impression that it will gain them the acceptance and recognition they so desire, and that explains why alcohol intake, cigarette smoking, [involvement with drugs and so on] is on the rise since indulging in these is supposedly considered being cool and expected behaviour from youths.

To be able to tackle drug abuse among the youth, we need to first start from an early age to let children know what is right and expected of them from a tender age. Adults living with them should be the ideal role models so that they grow up getting used to doing things in a particular way and appreciating the benefits too.

youth needs to have their talents identified, harnessed, and put to good use with various examples being given of the successful musicians, leaders and sportsmen all over the world and comparisons being made by telling and showing them what deviant behaviour results into results from deviant/antisocial behaviour and repurcussions thereto and the possible repercussion. In this way ,they will know learn to appreciate what's right from wrong, be able to spend their spare time wisely and indulge in meaningful activity.

what about this, could you correct my mistakes?
    Well, shows what you can do! It is not bad - certainly a good attempt. I would like to see a bit more about active projects to deal with those who are in the trap of drugs and alcohol abuse.

In this context "young people" rather than "the youth".
    Make sure you put a space following punctuation.
    Make sure you start the first word in each sentence with a capital letter.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't correct it, I've no time, I've only 5 hours to sleep and go to school.
    I begged you to correct it at all. You didn't want.
    Thank you about it. Appreciate!

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't correct it, I've no time, I've only 5 hours to sleep and go to school.
    I begged you to correct it at all. You didn't want.
    Thank you about it. Appreciate!
    Re-read what I said. And note my suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: ESSAY: My project to create positive change in my environment.

Anglika, I'm so ungrateful. Sorry but I was so nervous.

I asked my teacher to give me some more hours and send it to her email. So that's what I've done.

Society has evolved over time to keep up with modernization vis a vis the changing times, consequently we have to change our lifestyles, perceptions and ways of doing things. the youth are mostly affected by the changes that have occurred which has been overwhelming in a way since external influences equally play a big role in disorienting the youth.

The trends that have come where the youth want to engage in excessive alcohol consumption and use of illicit drugs, aggressive behaviour is on the increase and this calls for urgent attention from all concerned parties to come up with timely practical and tenable solutions.

Most of the youth suffer from an identity crisis and, in an effort to find themselves or be able to identify who they really are, engage in deviant behaviours under the fallacy false impression that it will gain them the acceptance and recognition they so desire, and that explains why alcohol intake, cigarette smoking, involvement with drugs is on the rise since indulging in these is supposedly considered being cool and expected behaviour from youths.

To be able to tackle drug abuse among the youth, we need to first start from an early age to let children know what is right and expected of them from a tender age. Adults living with them should be the ideal role models so that they grow up getting used to doing things in a particular way and appreciating the benefits too.

youth needs to have their talents identified, harnessed, and put to good use with various examples being given of the successful musicians, leaders and sportsmen all over the world and comparisons being made by telling and showing them what deviant behaviour results into results from deviant/antisocial behaviour and repurcussions thereto and the possible repercussion. In this way ,they will know learn to appreciate what's right from wrong, be able to spend their spare time wisely and indulge in meaningful activity.

and this one

When considering how one can effectively foster sustainable development, one needs to look at why we need to and what it means to live sustainably in order to encourage others to do so. We all know what global warming is right? It's strange though that although aware of our dangerous contribution to this devastating climate change, we still sit back and do nothing. Now, only when we experience the effects first hand, are we stirred to call a shift in our thinking, to at least try to, if not halt, slow down this process that we as a human race are escalating. So how does this tie in with living sustainably? By living green and promoting and adhering to sustainable development, we can prevent the destruction of our planet. By looking at the causes and effects (that we can physically see and experience) of global warming, we can see that sustainable development is an effective way of curbing this current disaster. It is not even that difficult to live sustainably. It's quite simple and easy actually. We already discussed why we need to, so here are a few ways of how to live sustainably. At your home, you can start by implementing the 3R principle which is to "Reduce, Re-use and Recycle". To take it further, we could add another "R" standing for "Replace". By simply changing your light bulbs to lower consuming, fluorescent bulbs, you are already saving a huge amount of energy and sustaining its resource. Therefore, promoting sustainable development is important to me. Thus am I already in the process of fostering sustainable development and creating a positive change in my environment. We look at ways of targeting our great dilemma, global warming. As a group of young enthusiastic people, we aim to convey the message of living sustainably and preventing the inclination of global warming from the youth to the youth. We plan to do so by educating the young generation by going to schools and into the community and interacting with them so that they can start now already to help nurture the earth and the principle of living sustainably at a young age.
    This way, we can educate our leaders of tomorrow and ensure that they live on a healthy planet that can be conserved for future generations. Many of these strategies involve ways of living green and sustainably. I think it was great that they involved the youth at such an event. Close to my home is a vlei, huge empty grassy grounds, a park, an old scrap yard and two sport fields. In the June holidays, I plan to get all the children in my street together and get them to help and keep these areas in our community clean. By getting the community to keep all their waste paper, we will be teaching them to recycle and include it as a part of their lifestyles. Education is a strong weapon when used correctly, and this is going to my main way of promoting sustainable development in my community.

Now I've a question. Could you join these two projects in one, so to make 1 right paragraphical and grammatical 800 words right essay.
    PS. I need a title!

Post Thanks / Like

Anglika, I'm so ungrateful. Sorry but I was so nervous.

I asked my teacher to give me some more hours and send it to her email. So that's what I've done.

Society has evolved over time to keep up with modernization vis a vis the changing times, consequently we have to change our lifestyles, perceptions and ways of doing things. the youth are mostly affected by the changes that have occurred which has been overwhelming in a way since external influences equally play a big role in disorienting the youth.

Most of the youth suffer from an identity crisis and, in an effort to find themselves or be able to identify who they really are, engage in deviant behaviours under the false impression that it will gain them the acceptance and recognition they so desire, and that explains why alcohol intake, cigarette smoking and involvement with drugs is on the rise since indulging in these is supposedly considered being cool and expected behaviour from youths.

youth needs to have their talents identified, harnessed, and put to good use with various examples being given of the successful musicians, leaders and sportsmen all over the world and comparisons being made by telling and showing them what deviant behaviour results into results from deviant/antisocial behaviour what results from deviant or antisocial behaviour [Do not just copy stuff into your text - think about it and understand what is being indicated] and repurcussions thereto and the possible repercussion. In this way ,they will know learn to appreciate what's right from wrong, be able to spend their spare time wisely and indulge in meaningful activity.

It shows your rush. Going back to my previous post, I pointed out that you cannot say "the youth" - that means one young man. You are better to say "Young people", "teenagers", or "The young". Try to vary your use of the terms.

Basically you have a pretty good grasp of English, but rushing like this will always show up your weak points. Give yourself 48 hours next time and it will be twice as good

and this one

When considering how one can effectively foster sustainable development, one needs to look at why we need to and what it means to live sustainably in order to encourage others to do so. We all know what global warming is right? [Too informal - omit "right"]It's strange though that although aware of our dangerous contribution to this devastating climate change, we still sit back and do nothing. Now, only when we experience the effects first hand, are we stirred to call for a change in our thinking, to at least try to slow down, if not halt, this process that we as a human race are escalating. So how does this tie in with living sustainably?

By living green and promoting and adhering to sustainable development, we can prevent the destruction of our planet. By looking at the causes and effects (that we can physically see and experience) of global warming, we can see that sustainable development is an effective way of curbing this current disaster. It is not even that difficult to live sustainably. It's quite simple and easy actually.

We have already discussed why we need to, so here are a few ways of how to live sustainably. In your home, you can start by implementing the 3R principle, which is to "Reduce, Re-use and Recycle". To take it further, we could add another "R" standing for "Replace". By simply changing your light bulbs to lower consuming, fluorescent bulbs, you are already saving a huge amount of energy and sustaining its [What does this "it" refer to?] resource.

Therefore, promoting sustainable development is important to me. Thus am I already in the process of fostering sustainable development and creating a positive change in my environment. We look at ways of targeting our great dilemma, global warming. As a group of young enthusiastic people, we aim to convey the message of living sustainably and preventing the inclination [inclination =
    a natural tendency to act or feel in a particular way.Do you mean increase?] of global warming from the youth to the youth.see comment above We plan to do so by educating the young generation, by going intoo schools and into the community and interacting with them so that they can start now to help nurture the earth and the principle of living sustainably at a young age.
    This way, we can educate our leaders of tomorrow and ensure that they live on a healthy planet that can be conserved for future generations.

Many of these strategies involve ways of living green and sustainably. I think it was great that they involved the youth at such an event. Close to my home is a vlei, huge empty grassy grounds, a park, an old scrap yard and two sport fields. In the June holidays, I plan to get all the children in my street together and get them to help and keep these areas in our community clean. By getting the community to keep all their waste paper, we will be teaching them to recycle and include it as a part of their lifestyles. Education is a strong weapon when used correctly, and this is going to be my main way of promoting sustainable development in my community.

Now I've a question. Could you join these two projects in one, so to make 1 right paragraphical and grammatical 800 words right essay. No - not my business. You need to find a link between the antisocial behaviour of teenagers and the need to counter global warming.
    PS. I need a title!

We are all very willing to advise and help, but the principles of this forum are that people must learn by doing their own work. We are not in the business of doing people's homework for them.

I will repeat what I have already said - your English is good, but if you always leave it to the last minute you will never do yourself justice.