ongetz is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Correct me pls....

Good morning!!Kindly check if these are grammatically correct..If it's not too much of a bother, kindly answer the questions, so I could check if my these are all correct..If ever there are confusing answers and questions, pls...feel free to inform me..Thanks!!!

4. Choose the number which is incorrect in meaning
    Asia has energetically accepted Western science and technology, but it has been ①reluctant to accept Western forms of democracy. Many Asian nations are still ruled by elite groups. ②Despite many difficulties, however, the future of Asia need not be dark and gloomy. Asia possesses many advantages that cancontribute to a better life. Among them are its ancient cultural traditions, its highly-skilled and hardworking people, and its large supply of natural resources. Western businessmen have repeatedly ④forced Asian societies to become free market economies with rapid growth and mass consumption. These kinds of dynamic measures have generated ⑤economical wealth, but they have created much social disorder.

5. Choose the number which is incorrect in grammar.
    No two people are alike; no ① two dogs are alike. We often see in the same family an almost entirely different makeup in character and looks. Although it ②helps to see the parents of the dog you are going to take into your home, there is no guarantee that a dog will be much like the last dog you had, even like the rest of the family he ③was born into. This is where owners trip up badly. They ④feel cheated if the breed that was previously a joy to them lets them down. They get extremely annoyed if their small puppy bites them, or won't come ⑤ when they are called their small puppy or maybe their small puppy is dirty in the house, when their previous one made none of these mistakes.

10. Choose the number which is not appropriate in the passage.
    One should be like a river - small at first, narrowly contained within its banks, and rushing passionately over waterfalls. ① Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow quietly, and in the end, without any break, one becomes merged in the sea, and painlessly loses individual being. ② Through this process, the river makes you feel the flow of water. ③ The one who sees one's life this way, will not suffer from the fear of death. ④ The best way to overcome it is to make your interests wider and more impersonal, until the walls of the ego recede, and your life becomes merged in the universal life. ⑤ I wish to die while at work, knowing that others will carry on what I can no longer do, and content in the thought that what was possible had been done.
    11. Choose the number which is correct in meaning.
    We have an (A) inherited / inhabited capacity for a great many different kinds of action in which skill can be acquired by practice. We learn to talk grammatically; we learn to think logically; we learn to cook or drive a car. In each case the learning (B) results in /results from a skill which is a habit. In each case the habit actually gives us an ability which was onlypotential in us at birth. That is why Aristotle calls habit second nature. Our original nature is composed of capacities which can be developed or perfected by learning or experiences. The development or perfection of those capacities (C) complement / compliment our original nature and thus constitutes a ôsecond" nature.
    (A) (B) (C)
    inherited results in compliment
    inhabited results from compliment
    inherited results in complement
    inherited results from compliment
    inhabited results in complement
    12. Choose the number which is appropriate in blank.
    Everyone has a psychological need for someone to acknowledge their concerns. The complainers have a greater need for their concerns to be acknowledged. This usually comes from the underlying fact that they are unsatisfied with their own personal lives. Whether it is in their professional or personal life, the complainers can't have peace of mind until . The key to effectively dealing with a complainer is, therefore, by using your active listening skills. The complainers want to be acknowledged - not ignored or argued with. You have to understand what their interests and needs are and empathize with them. Imagine yourself walking around in their shoes and see the situation from their perspective.
    someone acknowledges their personality
    anyone will not acknowledge their concerns
    their interests are given in time
    their concerns are acknowledged
    someone admits their faults
    13. Choose the number which is incorrect in grammar.
    (A) So corrupt was Roman society and its baths that the fathers of the early Christian church discouraged bathing. The hygienic practices of the Romans and Greeks were repressed to such an extent that Europe during the Middle Ages has been said (B) to go a thousand years without a bath. Queen Isabella of Castile boasted that she had bathed only twice in her life-at birth and before her marriage. Religion wasn't the only reason (C) why Europeans didn't bathe. Although the royal and wealthy sometimes indulged, commoners (D) found bathing impossible. With no running water, polluted rivers, and (E) soap taxed as a luxury item, the ordinary citizen had little opportunity to bathe.
    (A), (B) (A), (C) ③ (B), (D)
    (C), (E) (D), (E)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Correct me pls....

Could you finish everything first, please? (#11, #12) We're glad to help and check over your work, but we're not here to do it for you.

ongetz is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Correct me pls....

Quote Originally Posted by ongetz View Post
    Good morning!!Kindly check if these are grammatically correct..If it's not too much of a bother, kindly answer the questions, so I could check if my these are all correct..If ever there are confusing answers and questions, pls...feel free to inform me..Thanks!!!

4. Choose the number which is incorrect in meaning
    Asia has energetically accepted Western science and technology, but it has been ①reluctant to accept Western forms of democracy. Many Asian nations are still ruled by elite groups. ②Despite many difficulties, however, the future of Asia need not be dark and gloomy. Asia possesses many advantages that cancontribute to a better life. Among them are its ancient cultural traditions, its highly-skilled and hardworking people, and its large supply of natural resources. Western businessmen have repeatedly ④forced Asian societies to become free market economies with rapid growth and mass consumption. These kinds of dynamic measures have generated ⑤economical wealth, but they have created much social disorder.

5. Choose the number which is incorrect in grammar.
    No two people are alike; no ① two dogs are alike. We often see in the same family an almost entirely different makeup in character and looks. Although it ②helps to see the parents of the dog you are going to take into your home, there is no guarantee that a dog will be much like the last dog you had, even like the rest of the family he ③was born into. This is where owners trip up badly. They ④feel cheated if the breed that was previously a joy to them lets them down. They get extremely annoyed if their small puppy bites them, or won't come ⑤ when they are called their small puppy or maybe their small puppy is dirty in the house, when their previous one made none of these mistakes.

10. Choose the number which is not appropriate in the passage.
    One should be like a river - small at first, narrowly contained within its banks, and rushing passionately over waterfalls. ① Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow quietly, and in the end, without any break, one becomes merged in the sea, and painlessly loses individual being. ② Through this process, the river makes you feel the flow of water. ③ The one who sees one's life this way, will not suffer from the fear of death. ④ The best way to overcome it is to make your interests wider and more impersonal, until the walls of the ego recede, and your life becomes merged in the universal life. ⑤ I wish to die while at work, knowing that others will carry on what I can no longer do, and content in the thought that what was possible had been done.
    11. Choose the number which is correct in meaning.
    We have an (A) inherited / inhabited capacity for a great many different kinds of action in which skill can be acquired by practice. We learn to talk grammatically; we learn to think logically; we learn to cook or drive a car. In each case the learning (B) results in /results from a skill which is a habit. In each case the habit actually gives us an ability which was onlypotential in us at birth. That is why Aristotle calls habit second nature. Our original nature is composed of capacities which can be developed or perfected by learning or experiences. The development or perfection of those capacities (C) complement / compliment our original nature and thus constitutes a ôsecond" nature.
    (A) (B) (C)
    inherited results in compliment
    inhabited results from compliment
    inherited results in complement
    inherited results from compliment
    inhabited results in complement
    12. Choose the number which is appropriate in blank.
    Everyone has a psychological need for someone to acknowledge their concerns. The complainers have a greater need for their concerns to be acknowledged. This usually comes from the underlying fact that they are unsatisfied with their own personal lives. Whether it is in their professional or personal life, the complainers can't have peace of mind until . The key to effectively dealing with a complainer is, therefore, by using your active listening skills. The complainers want to be acknowledged - not ignored or argued with. You have to understand what their interests and needs are and empathize with them. Imagine yourself walking around in their shoes and see the situation from their perspective.
    someone acknowledges their personality
    anyone will not acknowledge their concerns
    their interests are given in time
    their concerns are acknowledged
    someone admits their faults
    13. Choose the number which is incorrect in grammar.
    (A) So corrupt was Roman society and its baths that the fathers of the early Christian church discouraged bathing. The hygienic practices of the Romans and Greeks were repressed to such an extent that Europe during the Middle Ages has been said (B) to go a thousand years without a bath. Queen Isabella of Castile boasted that she had bathed only twice in her life-at birth and before her marriage. Religion wasn't the only reason (C) why Europeans didn't bathe. Although the royal and wealthy sometimes indulged, commoners (D) found bathing impossible. With no running water, polluted rivers, and (E) soap taxed as a luxury item, the ordinary citizen had little opportunity to bathe.
    (A), (B) (A), (C) ③ (B), (D)
    (C), (E) (D), (E)
    Questions # 2 and #3 are done...there is just a problem with the spacing which made you thought its not done yet..maybe these type of questionare is not familiar to you..I'm not asking you to do this for me...I've already checked this many times..I just want to have at least 99% assurance that these are all correct...Ayway, thanks for reading!!