Thread: biography

• Post Thanks / Like

biography

Hello everyone,

would you please improve my biography? I need it for school on saturday. Please help me. Thanks :D
    I know, that it is very much :(
    but I hope that this is not a problem.

T H A N K Y O U I N A D V A N C E :D

Marvin Earl Roberts, known as Monty Roberts, was born in 1935 in Salina, Carlifornien. In the age of two years he had already an own horse, and was on the horses back for the most time of the day. Already in this young years of his live he rode on many compititions and won many prices.

In 1948 he rode into the out-of-doors hunting-ground, to catch some wild horses for the ranch. He was alone, and so he had enough time to observe the horses. He observed the performance of the houses and learned much about the language of the horses. At home he tried to speak this language with a horse, and the horse understood him. He wanted to show this success to his father. But there, he hit on disrelish and hate and his father laid hand on him. Since that time he kept this secret by himself for a long time, and learned secretly. His father demendet to the methode of “1Aussacken” anymore.

In the time of 1955 to 1969 won Monty Roberts many of rodeo awards as well as regional, national and international prices. In 1966 he built up the “Flag is up Farm” in Solvang, Karlifornien. It was a breed and a training post for horses. Even now, he don’t show anybody his methode. The time of 1967 to 1970 the farm accorded to be very successful. Many peoples brought their difficult horses to him. But then he had to sell the farm unfortunately, because of to few money.

More than ten years later, in 1989 he got the most important invitation. He was invated to England to show his methode to Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth, Prince Philip and the Queenmother. Till that time he had never shown his mthode to anybody. He was sure of, that nobody would believe him. His first demonstration with the young mare of the Queenmother was a complete success.

In 1997 he could fulfill a dream of himself at last. He demonstrated the Join-up-methode with a wild horse in the hunting-ground. More then hundred kilometers hunting-ground, and a horse which never saw a human before. Monty Roberts needed about five days to make “Shy Boy” gentle for saddle, snaffle and rider. Before that, he had only demonstrate the Join-up-methode in a lunge circle. In this one, he has needed only one hour to make the horse gentle for saddle, snaffle and rider.

Monty Roberts has written some books. The most well-known books are “The man who listens to horses”, “Horse Sence for People” and “Shy Boy”. Furthermore he has shooted many documentation films like “Shy Boy”. During the five days in which he gentled “Shy Boy” there were always a camara with him.

Today, his methode, to break in a horse, is enforced and accept worldwide.

F I N I S H

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: biography

Marvin Earl Roberts, known as Monty Roberts, was born in 1935 in Salina, Carlifornia. At the age of two he had already his own horse, and was on horseback most of the day. When young he rode in many competitions and won many prices.

In 1948 he rode out to catch some wild horses for the ranch. He was alone, and so he had time to observe the horses. He observed the performance of the horses and learned much about their language. At home he tried to speak this language with a horse, and the horse understood him. He wanted to show this success to his father. But there, he was met with hate and his father laid hands on him. Since that time he kept this secret to himself for a long time, and learned secretly. His father demanded the method of “1Aussacken” anymore (anymore doesn't make sense here- I think you should just delete it..

From 1955 to 1969 won Monty Roberts many rodeo awards, as well as regional, national and international prizes. In 1966 he built up the “Flag is up Farm” in Solvang, Karlifornien. It was a breeding and training post for horses. Even now, he doesn’t show anybody his method. Between 1967 to 1970 the farm became very successful. Many peoples brought their difficult horses to him. But then he had to sell the farm unfortunately, because of money problems.

More than ten years later, in 1989 he got the most important invitation. He was invited to England to show his methode to Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth, Prince Philip and the Queen Mother. Till that time he had never shown his method to anybody. He was sure that nobody would believe him. His first demonstration with the young mare of the Queen Mother was a complete success.

In 1997 he finally fulfilled his dream. He demonstrated the Join-up-methode with a wild horse in the hunting-ground. More than hundred kilometers hunting-ground, and a horse which had never seen a human before. Monty Roberts needed about five days to train “Shy Boy” for saddle, snaffle and rider. Before that, he had only demonstrate the Join-up-methode in a lunge circle. In this one, he has needed only one hour to make the horse gentle for saddle, snaffle and rider.

Monty Roberts has written some books. The most well-known books are “The man who listens to horses”, “Horse Sence for People” and “Shy Boy”. Furthermore he has shooted many documentation films like “Shy Boy”. During the five days in which he broke in “Shy Boy” there was always a camara with him.

Today, his method, to break in a horse, is recognised and accepted worldwide.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: biography

Thanks a lot

Kind regards,
    Dany :D