emmiee is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please correct my covering letter

Could you please help me and correct my covering letter, thank you:)

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for the position of Office Clerk.

I have a wide range of office experience gained working as administrator for many companies. I have mature, responsible attitude, high level of numeracy and a good attention to detail. I am a very well organised individual who is self reliant, efficient and capable of working under pressure within a strict time frame.

I have enclosed my CV for your review. Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you soon, and am available for an interview at whatever time is suitable for

Yours faithfully,

XYZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please correct my covering letter

Could you please help me and correct my cover letter, thank you:)

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for the position of Office Clerk.

I have a wide range of office experience gained working as an administrator for many companies. I have a mature, responsible attitude, a high level of numeracy and a good attention to detail. I am a very well organised individual who is self- reliant, efficient and capable of working under pressure within a strict time frame.

I have enclosed my CV for your review. Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you soon, and am available for an interview at whatever time is suitable for you.

Yours faithfully,

XYZ

In the U.S., we would more likely say I am good with numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please correct my covering letter

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for the position of Office Clerk, as currently being advertised by your Company.

I have a wide range of office experience

Not quite. 'wide range of office experience' means you have performed many of the jobs people do in offices. Is that so? Or do you mean, you have done the work of an administrator for quite some time, that is, 'extensive experience'

gained working as administrator in

You are referring to the field of work, not the general job title, so omit the 'an'; and as such, you have performed such duties in many companies. The fact that you were employed by them and so 'worked for' them is not the issue - of course you worked for them: you didn't do all this work for no pay!

many companies. I have a mature, responsible attitude, a high level of numeracy and good attention to detail.

Omit the 'a' in 'and good attention to detail.'

I am a well-organized individual
    Hyphen, and spelt with a 'z'. Myself, I would definitely omit the 'very'.

who is self-reliant, efficient and capable of working under pressure within a strict time frame.

I have enclosed my CV for your review. Thank you for considering my application and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Omit 'soon' . Don't start putting time restraints on them! All it does is reveal a touch of impatience of your part ...and so they'd better get their finger out and reply!

I am available for an
    Omit 'an'
    I am available for interview at your convenience.

Yours faithfully,

XYZ