• Post Thanks / Like

some help please!

hello all, this is my first post and i need some help,
    First time writing cover letter and c.v so please fell free to change
    thankyou

cover=
    To whom it may concern.

My name is Richard Ashe and I am applying for the teaching job that was advertised on Ajarn .com.

Unfortunately I donít have a University Degree, which I know is a requirement here in Thailand.

However I do have qualifications in I.T. (City and Guilds) I.T Technician and Data Networking Technician, European Computer Driving License etc. And I am also a trained Accountant. (Qualification gained when serving in the British army).

So why am I applying?
    Or what do I have to offer?
    Firstly I am a native speaker, as I come from the north of Ireland.
    I am very much a team player with proven leadership skills (22 years loyal service British army).I am highly motivated and a very hard worker who will give 100% always.
    I have one years experience teaching English to adults and young learners.
    And very recently had the great pleasure to teach high school students at
    Prachinratsadornamroong School in Prachinburi.

I say great pleasure because I loved every moment of it, and realized I now have a passion for teaching.
    I am still in daily touch with most of my m5 class and some other students, and in my spare time I meet them for talks to help improve there conversational skills, (I may add at no cost to them).

I would like to thank you at this stage for taking the time, to view my application
    And will respect any decision you make.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate in calling me,
    I would be very glad to hear from you.

Mobile

Yours respectfully
    Richard Ashe

c.v next post

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: some help please!

Welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie37 View Post
    hello all, this is my first post and i need some help,
    First time writing cover letter and c.v so please fell free to change
    thankyou

cover=

To whom it may concern.

My name is Richard Ashe and I am applying for the teaching job that was advertised on Ajarn .com.

Although I donít have a university degree, normally a requirement here in Thailand, I do have recognised qualifications in I.T. (City and Guilds) I.T Technician and Data Networking Technician, a European Computer Driving License etc. I am also a trained Accountant (qualification gained when serving in the British army).

So why am I applying? And what do I have to offer?
    Firstly I am a native speaker, as I come from the north of Ireland.
    I am very much a team player with proven leadership skills (22 years loyal service in the British army).
    I am highly motivated and a very hard worker who will give 100% always.

I have one year's experience teaching English to adults and young learners, and very recently had the great pleasure to teach high school students at
    Prachinratsadornamroong School in Prachinburi.

I say great pleasure because I loved every moment of it, and realized I now have a passion for teaching. I am still in daily touch with most of my m5 class and some other students, and in my spare time I meet them for talks to help improve there conversational skills (I may add at no cost to them).

I would like to thank you at this stage for taking the time to view my application, and will respect any decision you make.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to call me on [mobile phone number]

I shall be very glad to hear from you.

Yours respectfully
    Richard Ashe

c.v next post
    In the advert, was there a department given for these applications> ie, Personnel Dept.?

If so, direct this letter to "The Manager, Personnel Dept., ccccc"
    and start it Dear Manager.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: some help please!

Thank-you for your quick response and reply ,very helpful indeed