• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile New UK Immigration Policy

Hello! Could anyone kindly proofread the text below? Thanks in advance!

The bigshots of London financial service are going to meet with the ministerial officials of the UK. It is concerned that new UK immigration rules will possibly impact on the competition of London –the top European financiall hub, even shut Bill Gates out of the door.

London’s financial employees said they didn’t know what they could do according to the new score policy of work immigration and they even worried this inflexible way would exclude overseas talents whose scores are slightly under the qualifications.

Kity Ussher, the city minister, admited yesterday that the new policy was raising concern in the financial center of the UK, epecially in overseas banks. But she said she believed that the policy would not create any problem.

Ms. Ussher said she and Immigration Minister Liam Byrne would hold a conference next Wensday to discuss how to implement the new scores policy with London’s employees and learned their concerns.

“Someone told me Bill Gates would be shut out of the door because he doesn’t hold a university degree according to the new policy.”, She said, “ If he would really intend to settle down in the UK, I think he could reach the immigration qualification by his skills, experiences and income, etc.
    Last edited by thedaffodils; 28-Jun-2008 at 13:55.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New UK Immigration Policy

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Hello! Could anyone kindly proofread the text below? Thanks in advance!

The big shots of London's financial services are going to meet with have a meeting with the ministerial officials [Too vague. Which Ministers/Department?] of the UK. They are concerned that new UK immigration rules will possibly impact on the competitiveness of London – the top European financial hub, even shut Bill Gates out of the door. and would even shut out Bill Gates.

London’s financial employers said they didn’t know what they could do according to the new score policy for work immigration and are worried that this inflexible policy would exclude overseas talents whose scores are slightly under the qualifications.

Kity Ussher, Economic Secretary to the Treasury, admitted yesterday that the new policy was raising concerns in the financial center of the UKBritish financial organisations, especially in overseas banks. But she said she believed that the policy would not create any problem.

Ms. Ussher said she and Immigration Minister Liam Byrne would hold a conference next Wednesday to discuss how to implement the new scores policy with London’s employers and to listen to their concerns.

“Someone told me Bill Gates would be shut out of the door because he doesn’t hold a university degree according to the new policy,” she said, "But if he would really intend to settle down in the UK, I think he could reach the immigration qualification by his skills, experiences and income, etc."
    Employers employ employees.

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: New UK Immigration Policy

Anglika,

Thank you for taking time to correct and comment on the text. I am sorry that I didn't double check my spelling carefully enough. I hope it will less happen.

Have a great Sunday there.
    Last edited by thedaffodils; 29-Jun-2008 at 04:56.