Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation need grammar correction (essay)

can someone help me correct my essay!! thanks

My Life in a Foreign Country
    Why does people moved to another country for a living even though they knew it was not easy to adapt to? People think they will have a new life from a new place, and also itís easier to change their life. My life was changed when I came to live in the United States.
    First of all, my life was changed because I have a better education. Education is very important to everybody. It is the only way to change your life. For example, in my country, the education was not that good. We didnít have any equipment to practice what we have learned. We only looked at the example in the book and listened to the teacherís explanation and tried to understand it. For instance, in chemistry class, we needed a lot of equipment to test different kinds of chemicals. On the other hand, we have nothing to use beside our book. On the contrary, the education in the United States was really good. They have all equipment for student to use. I learned more when I have hand-on experience. Itís helped me understand what I have learned.
    Secondly, the way of living also changed my life. People get affect by the environment where they live. In my country, people were more welcome than in the United States. Our house was always open until we went to sleep. We know our neighbor very well and helped each other a lot. For example, I went to my neighbor house and played on their backyard almost every day even though nobody home. Unlike, the living in the United States is very secure. They closed their house all the time and when people knocked on their door, they did not even opened the door but looked at the hole to see who was that; if they know that person they will opened the door but if not they will pretend like nobody stayed home. Furthermore, they did not know their neighbor well. I have lived here for almost five years but I had never seen my neighbor that lived on the backside of my house. That was very interesting to me.
    In conclusion, education and the way of living have changed my life. The environment did affect on how a person grown up and how they reacted.

tedtmc is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: need grammar correction (essay)

Why does(do) people moved to(move) another country for a living(to live)even though they knew(know) it was(is) not easy to adapt to(the life there)? People think they will have a new life from a new place, and also it’s easier to change their life. My life was(have) changed when(since) I came to live in the United States.
    First of all, my life was(have) changed because I have a better education. Education is very important to everybody. It is the only way to change your life. For example, in my country, the education was not that good. We didn’t have any(omit) equipment to practice what we have(omit) learned. We only looked at (followed) the example in the book and listened to the teacher’s explanation and tried to understand it(what was taught). For instance, in chemistry(Chemistry) class, we needed a lot of equipment to test different kinds of chemicals. On the other hand(However), we have(had) nothing(no equipment) to use beside our book(to carry out the tests/experiments). On the contrary(By contrast), the education in the United States was(is) really good. They have all (the) equipment for student(s)to use. I learned(learn) more when I have hand-on experience. It’s helped me understand what I have learned.
    Secondly, the way of living(living environment) also changed my life. People get affect(are influenced) by the environment where they live. In my country, (I find) people were more welcome(are generally more friendly) than (those) in the United States. Our house was always open until we went to sleep. We know(knew) our neighbor very well and helped each other a lot. For example, I went to my neighbor('s) house and played on(in) their backyard almost every day even though (there was) nobody home. Unlike, the living in the United States is very secure(insecure?). They closed their house(keep their house locked) all the time and when people knocked(knock) on their door, they did not even opened the door but looked at(peep through) the hole to see who was that(outside); if they know that person they will opened(open) the door but if not they will(would) pretend like nobody stayed home(is in). Furthermore, they did(do) not know their neighbor well. I have lived here for almost five years but I had never seen my neighbor that lived on the backside of (behind) my house. That was very interesting to me.(I find this very interesting)
    In conclusion, (I find that) education and the way of living (living enviroment) have changed(greatly shaped) my life. The environment did affect on how a person grown up and how they reacted.(The environmental factor does play a major role in mouding a person's character)\

not at teacher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: need grammar correction (essay)

Why does (do) people moved (move) to another country for a living (to live) even though they knew (know) it was (is) not easy to adapt to (take out)? People think they will have a new life from (in) a new place, and also (that) itís (it will be) easier to change their life. My life was (take out) changed when I came to live in the United States.
    First of all, my life was (has) changed because I have a better education. Education is very important to (for) everybody. It is the only way to change your life. For example, in my country the education was not that good. We didnít have any (take out) equipment to practice (practise) what we have (take out) learned. We (could) only looked at (read) the example in the book and listen(ed) to the teacherís explanation and tried (try) to understand it. For instance, in chemistry class, we needed a lot of equipment to test different kinds of chemicals. On the other hand (However) we have (had) nothing to use beside(s) our book. On the contrary, the education in the United States was (is) really good. They have all (sorts of) equipment for student(s) to use. I learn(ed) more when I have hand-on experience. Itís helped (It helps) me (to) understand what I have learned.
    Secondly, the (new) way of living (life) (has) also changed my life. People get affect (are affected) by the environment where (in which) they live. In my country, people were more welcome (welcoming) than in the United States. Our house was always open until we went to sleep. We know (knew) our neighbor very well and helped each other a lot. For example, I went to my neighbor's house and played on (in) their backyard almost every day even though (there was) nobody home. Unlike (in my country), the living (life) in the United States is very secure(?) They closed (lock) their house(s) all the time and when people knock(ed) on their door, they did not even opened (do not even open) the door, but looked (look) at (through) the hole to see who was that (is there); if they know that person they will opened (open) the door but if not they will pretend like nobody stayed (is at) home. Furthermore, they did (do) not know their neighbor well. I have lived here for almost five years but I had (have)never seen my neighbor that lived on the backside of (who lives behind) my house. That was very interesting to me. (I find this very interesting)
    In conclusion, (I have found that) education and the way (standard) of living have (greatly) changed my life. The environment did affect on how a person grown up and how they reacted. (The environment in which a person grows up plays a major role in their development.)