• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Chinese Shoppers Pay for Green Environment

Hello! Could someone else kindly proofread my compostion or suggest on the writing as below at your connevience? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Chinese Shoppers Pay for Green Environment

As usual, I was waiting for a supermarket cashier to help me pack my goods but this time I was told I had to pay 1.2 Yuan (around $0.17) in addition from on now if I asked for plastic shopping bags ($0.04 for each bag), which used to be offered for nothing by sellers. Cashing out, I looked around and found some penny–pinching or shrewd shoppers brought out their self-prepared shopping bags and put the goods in after footing their bills.

Previously I had learned relevant news that China would ban free disposable plastic shopping bags but I had thought it would be just red tape or window dressing and I had cast my doubt on its real implementation. However, this time China is taking a serious step to tackle increasingly grim enironmental problem—white trash.

Early this year China State Council has forbidden to produce or sell plastic shopping bags with thickness below 0.025mm in China nationwide after June 1, 2008. And Chinese shoppers are encouraged to use other environment-friendly shopping bags instead, such as cloth bags.

According to Waste Plastics Recycling Committee of China Plastics Processing Industry Association, on average Chinese consume 0.1 billion of disposable plastic bags for food shopping daily; meanwhile another 0.2 billions pieces are applied for other usage everyday. The staggering figures show Chinese produce humungous white trash and make the environment worse.

An online poll hosted by a Chinese website showed under the order more than 70 per cent Chinese will turn themselves from disposable plastic shoping bags to other durable ones.

The environment problems have taken their toll on China, and virtually every Chinese has paid them at a price.Though the new regulation brings a little inconvenience to Chinese shoppers, I believe green awareness will bit by bit instil into every single Chinese mind and China's environment will gradually improve. I double thumb up for the China’s approach to curb the environmental deterioration. China, go!
    Last edited by thedaffodils; 03-Jul-2008 at 14:50.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chinese Shoppers Pay for Green Environment

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Hello! Could someone else kindly proofread my composition or suggest on the writing as below at your convenience? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Chinese Shoppers Pay for Green Environment

As usual, I was waiting for a supermarket cashier to help me pack my goods but this time I was told I had to pay 1.2 Yuan (around $0.17) in addition from now on if I asked for plastic shopping bags ($0.04 for each bag), which used to be offered for nothing by sellers. Cashing out, I looked around and found some penny–pinching or shrewd shoppers brought out their own shopping bags and put the goods in after paying their bills.

Previously I had heard/read relevant news that China would ban free disposable plastic shopping bags but I had thought it would be just red tape or window dressing. I had doubts about its real implementation. However, this time China is taking a serious step to tackle an increasingly grim environmental problem—white trash. Not suitable in this context. Has a particular meaning in the US >> white trash - Google Search. A better term to use is "non-biodegradable trash".

Early this year the China State Council forbad the production or selling of plastic shopping bags with a thickness below 0.025mm This was applied nationwide in China after June 1, 2008. And Chinese shoppers are encouraged to use other environmentally friendly shopping bags instead, such as cloth bags.

According to Waste Plastics Recycling Committee of the China Plastics Processing Industry Association, on average the Chinese consume 0.1 billion of disposable plastic bags for food shopping daily; meanwhile another 0.2 billions pieces are applied for other usages everyday. The staggering figures show Chinese produce humungous white trash and make the environment worse.

An online poll hosted by a Chinese website showed under the order more than 70 per cent Chinese will turn themselves from disposable plastic shoping bags to other durable ones.

Environmental problems have taken their toll on China, and virtually every Chinese has paid for them at a price.Though the new regulation brings a little inconvenience to Chinese shoppers, I believe green awareness will bit by bit be instilled into every single Chinese mind and China's environment will gradually improve. I double thumb up for the China’s approach to curb environmental deterioration. China, go!

thedaffodils is online now Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Chinese Shoppers Pay for Green Environment

Hello Anglika,

It is very kind of you to help me time and again. Thank you so much! Have a good dream.