Post Thanks / Like

Default primary school Dutch-English

hello,

my 8 year old son is bi-lingually raised, although I am not a native speaker, and he perfectly understands English but rarely speaks it, except with me. I would like to send him to kind of summer school or a one week holiday with an English family, in such a way he would be obliged to use his English, and correct his pronunciation with english native speakers. As my son is kind of a softie he matches best with girls of his age or slightly older. He is a smart sweet kid with a high IQ. I would love to take any opportunity to do a bi-directional exchange where I could offer an insite view in a Flemisch-Belgian family.
    Any ideas how I could improve my sons English in this way ?

Pedro Wyns

dodonaomik is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: primary school Dutch-English

My own opinion
    In some regions of China,six-year-old ,seven-year-old,eight-year-old students begin to study English.However,Chinese (Mandarin ) is really difficult,and arithmetic includes many contents for Pupils
    So if the pupils don't want to learn english , it's unnecessary for us to force them to study English reluctantly althogh Enlish is very important!

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: primary school Dutch-English

Welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by pedro wyns View Post
    hello,

my 8 year old son is bi-lingually raised, although I am not a native speaker, and he perfectly understands English but rarely speaks it, except with me. I would like to send him to kind of summer school or a one week holiday with an English family, in such a way he would be obliged to use his English, and correct his pronunciation with english native speakers. As my son is kind of a softie he matches best with girls of his age or slightly older. He is a smart sweet kid with a high IQ. I would love to take any opportunity to do a bi-directional exchange where I could offer an insite view in a Flemisch-Belgian family.
    Any ideas how I could improve my sons English in this way ?

Pedro Wyns
    He's very young for this kind of exchange. It would be better to find a British or other native English speaking family in Belgium with children of the same sort of age and set up frequent visits.