• Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This my story of many hurdles and the final success.

Dear Teachers and Friends,
    Can you have a look at these paragraphs and point out all mistakes I made? Thank you.

I took my XP and Server course in January and I found that stuff really difficult. I came to Joskos company with no IT background and all that seemed very chalenging to me. I remember people say that six weeks for two exams should be enough time for preparation. I decided to take more, though. I studied every day for 1,5 hour and I must tell you that it was tough for me. One of the Managers said it would be and he was 100% right. In May I felt ready to take the XP exam. Unfortunatelly, the first available date was at the beginning of June. In the mean time I studied Server stuff. Finally I sat XP exam and passed with score +900.

Today I think that I would have passed it even if had taken less time for studying. In fact, I took 4 months feeling that just passing is not good enough. A pass with a good score was something I aimed at. Now I am not sure if all that matters. A pass is a pass after all. On the other hand the inside knowledge I gained is going to pay off in the real work environment, I am sure.

I am going take my server exam soon. I have to be quickier with this one. What is my advice for students who are to take the XP exam? I listened to Bob's and Nuvim's tips and it helped me a lot. It is never enough to know the correct answer. You have to know why the others are incorrect and what they mean. I spent a lot of time figuring it out but it was worth it. I feel really confident with my knowledge now and I am happy to be a Microsoft Certified Professional.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This my story of many hurdles and the final success.

Quote Originally Posted by banderas View Post
    Dear Teachers and Friends,
    Can you have a look at these paragraphs and point out all mistakes I made? Thank you.

I took my XP and Server course in January and I found that stuff really difficult. I came to Joskos company with no IT background and all that seemed very chalenging to me. I remember people say that six weeks for two exams should be enough time for preparation that six weeks should be enough time to prepare for two exams. I decided to take more, though. I studied every day for [1.5 or one and a half hours] hour and I must tell you that it was tough for me. One of the managers said it would be and he was 100% right. In May I felt ready to take the XP exam. Unfortunatelly, the first available date was at the beginning of June. In the meantime I studied Server stuff. Finally I sat the XP exam and passed with a score of +900.

Today I think that I would have passed it even if had taken less time for studying.study In fact, I spent 4 months feeling that just passing is not good enough. A pass with a good score was something I aimed at. Now I am not sure if all that matters. A pass is a pass after all. On the other hand the inside knowledge I gained is going to pay off in the real work environment, I am sure.

I am going take my server exam soon. I have to be quickier with this one. What is my advice for students who are to take the XP exam? I listened to Bob's and Nuvim's tips and it helped me a lot. It is never enough to know the correct answer. You have to know why the others are incorrect and what they mean. I spent a lot of time figuring it out but it was worth it. I feel really confident with my knowledge now and I am happy to be a Microsoft Certified Professional.

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: This my story of many hurdles and the final success.

Hello Banderas,

No wonder I haven’t seen you on the board for a while.

First of all, congrats for your great efforts and success. And Anglika is always very helpful and s/he has pointed out your mistakes.

If you don’t mind, here’s my two cents on your writing.

I came to Joskos company with no IT background and all that seemed very chalenging to me.
    I don’t know whether there’re any particular readers you expect. If not, I’d like to suggest you could introduce the profile of Joskos in a nutshell. It would be a little puzzle for us who are not familiar with IT industry to read you mentioned about it suddenly.

For example, without any IT background, I luckily joined Joskos, which is a well-known software supplier.

By the way, in my humble opinion, I think “without” would be better than “with no".

2 The title of the essay is many hurdles and finally success

But I don’t read how many and what kind of hurdles you overcame except for the skimpy time. I think it would be cooler if you could elaborate it more.

This is an inspiring story. I enjoy it and thank you for sharing with us.

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

PS: I am not a teacher. I can't edit my post.

banderas is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Awesome! I appreciate your corrections, Anglika!

banderas is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Hello Banderas,

No wonder I haven’t seen you on the board for a while.

First of all, congrats for your great efforts and success. And Anglika is always very helpful and s/he has pointed out your mistakes.

If you don’t mind, here’s my two cents on your writing.

I don’t know whether there’re any particular readers you expect. If not, I’d like to suggest you could introduce the profile of Joskos in a nutshell. It would be a little puzzle for us who are not familiar with IT industry to read you mentioned about it suddenly.

For example, without any IT background, I luckily joined Joskos, which is a well-known software supplier.

By the way, in my humble opinion, I think “without” would be better than “with no".

2 The title of the essay is many hurdles and finally success

But I don’t read how many and what kind of hurdles you overcame except for the skimpy time. I think it would be cooler if you could elaborate it more.

This is an inspiring story. I enjoy it and thank you for sharing with us.
    Thanks for your comments, Thedaffodils!