• Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

work on building on what you're used to

Hello everyone

I'd like to ask what the phrase "work on building on what you're used to" means in the following context:

Avoid big changes in the way you do business, but work on building on what you're used to. This is a good time to network and show your face at launches and industry events. Don't try to solicit any new business right now; opportunities will present themselves later on when the time is right. This month is all about building for the future.

I understand that "work on something" means "to do something", and "build on something" means "to use something as a basis for further progress" and "be used to" means "be accustomed to". But the meaining of the whole phrase "work on building on what you're used to" is unclear to me.

riverkid is offline Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: work on building on what you're used to

Quote Originally Posted by KLPNO View Post
    Hello everyone

I'd like to ask what the phrase "work on building on what you're used to" means in the following context:

Avoid big changes in the way you do business, but work on building on what you're used to. This is a good time to network and show your face at launches and industry events. Don't try to solicit any new business right now; opportunities will present themselves later on when the time is right. This month is all about building for the future.

I understand that "work on something" means "to do something", and "build on something" means "to use something as a basis for further progress" and "be used to" means "be accustomed to". But the meaining of the whole phrase "work on building on what you're used to" is unclear to me.
    It means "focus on what you're familiar with, what you know well" Build on that instead of going off on tangents on things that you're not familiar with.