Anonymous Guest

grammartical errors?

First question

" President Bush is trying to bring all of North Koreas neighbors together in a coalition, but Kerry thinks that this is wrong and the US should go back to one-on-one with North Korea even though this is what brought the nuclear nightmare that America is facing today. But he blamed *the North Koreans* getting nukes Bushes fault when the materials for building them came under the prior administration "

Could you tell me why the last sentence used * the North Koreans*?

second question

" To judge this debate as if it were a forensics tournament is to miss the point. "

why does a sentence above use "forensics"? Is forensics noun or adjective in this sentence?

Btw, those sentences wrote by a native speaker.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: grammartical errors?

I'll answer the second question. :D

Quote Originally Posted by pas
    "To judge this debate as if it were a forensics tournament is to miss the point."

Why does the sentence above use "forensics"? Is forensics noun or adjective in this sentence?
    forensics functions as an adjective in that context, and it refers to dissection (i.e., to dissect the arguments, to analyze or criticize the arguments in detail).

All the best, :D

Dany is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pas
    First question

" President Bush is trying to bring all of North Koreas neighbors together in a coalition, but Kerry thinks that this is wrong and the US should go back to one-on-one with North Korea even though this is what brought the nuclear nightmare that America is facing today. But he blamed *the North Koreans* getting nukes Bushes fault when the materials for building them came under the prior administration "

Could you tell me why the last sentence used * the North Koreans*?

second question

" To judge this debate as if it were a forensics tournament is to miss the point. "

why does a sentence above use "forensics"? Is forensics noun or adjective in this sentence?

Btw, those sentences wrote by a native speaker.

Thanks in advance

I have a question too.

What does one-in-one means? I never heard this. Does it mean, that they should stay together?

Thanks,
    Dany :D

Post Thanks / Like

"President Bush is trying to bring all of North Koreas neighbors together in a coalition, but Kerry thinks that this is wrong and the US should go back to one-on-one with North Korea...."
    one-on-one means, the USA and North Korea should be involved in the discussion/talks. Other nations (i.e., North Korea's neighbors )shouldn't be involved in the discussion.

All the best, :D