All kinds of debit cards and/or everyone's debit card1. We accept debit card. :(
2. We accept debit cards. :D
'mastercard' is a compound noun.3. We accept debit and master card. :(
4. We accept debit and master cards. :(
one kind of _________ (singular noun)5. Does this mean we accept more the one kind of debit cards? :(
6. Does this mean we accept more the one kind of debit card? :D
Linking Structure7. There are more customers than workers. :D
8. There is more customer then worker. :(
There = more customers than workers.
Verb: 'are' (plural)
Subject Complements: 'customers' (plural), 'workers' (plural)
Note, 'more than' is a set pair. 'more then' is incorrect.
'more than' is correlative. It joins like pairs,9. There is more customer then workers. :(
10 There are more customers than worker. :(
more ______ than _______ (plural nouns)
8. We have more customers than workers. :D
9. We have more customer then worker. :('tax return' is a noun, not a verb. It can be singular or plural:10. He's written a piece of software which calculates your tax returns for you. :D
11. He's written a piece of software which calculates your tax return for you. :D
Singular: tax return (one tax return)
Plural: tax returns (more than one tax return, say, from this year and last year).
Subject: which (relative pronoun, refers to 'software')
Verb: calculates (singular, argrees in number with 'which')
All the best, :D
- For Teachers