beijilang5 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which is the better way to work?

Is it more important to be able to work with a group of people on a team or to work independently? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

Nowadays when it comes to the questions about working in a team or independently,peoplemay often gives a diverse of answers based on their individual value systerms.Some believe that working in a group is better while others claim that indenpendently is more suitable . As for me ,my favor goes to the latter.
    To begin with,I concede that work in a group or a team serves as very improtant factors for the company's development.Since ,team work makes all the people in this company to take care of the company's future ,and they do everything for the company,when they have some projects or some problems ,they always gether together ,having a meeting to discuss the way to do projects.Make their ideas together ,finding out the best way to deal with projects.
    However ,compelling these cases may sound,work in a group is not without problems.For example ,when one meet some questions ,he may not do it by himself ,for he believes that this questions are for the everyone in this group ,thus he does not do it as quickly as he can ,just waite for other to do them .So it may greatly destroy man's new ideas.Therefore,too much emphasis on team work is harmful and may go contrary to our primary purpose of team work spirits.
    On the other hand,work independently can address to some people's needs that team work cannot.For one thing, work independently can greatly incurage one person's ability,even when he faced difficulties,he always put up new ideas or useful method to deal with them .For another,independently work have a high efficiency ,he does not need to take part in a meeting about how to deal with the problem,thus saving a lot of time to do the work. Moreover,because of the high efficiency ,every one can do more works than team work,which is a good news for the company.
    In the final analysis, it is true that team work and independently work both have merits for the company's development,However,considering the protential problems resulted form team work and the greatly benefits of the indenpendently work, I believe that it is wise to choose indenpendently work.

Maluues is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default re: Which is the better way to work?

Not a teacher just a student!

Nowadays when it comes to the questions about working in a team or independently,peoplemay often gives a diverse of answers based on their individual value systerms.Some believe that working in a group is better while others claim that indenpendently is more suitable . As for me ,my favor goes to the latter.

I'm not sure but I would write:

Nowadays when it comes to the questioning about wether working in a team or independently, people may often give diverese answers based on their individual value of systems.

To begin with,I concede that work in a group or a team serves as very improtant factors for the company's development.

To begin with, I concede that working in a group or a team serves as a very important factor for the company'sdevelopment.

Since ,team work makes all the people in this company to take care of the company's future ,and they do everything for the company,when they have some projects or some problems ,they always gether together ,having a meeting to discuss the way to do projects.Make their ideas together ,finding out the best way to deal with projects.

Teamwork makes all the colleagues in this company to take care of the company's future by, for example, gathering in a meeting and consolidating their ideas to discuss the accomplishment of their next project.

edit:Sorry that I cannot finish my idea of the correction but I am in a hurry. I will edit the rest when I am home again :)

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which is the better way to work?

You need to read your writing. My impression is that you are not really sure it makes sense.

Space between words, after commas, between paragraphs.

Make sure the words you use as adjectives really are adjectives.

If it is an argumentative essay, would it influence your thinking? Or would it just confuse you?

Strive to make the writing readable.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is good to make suggestions, but make sure they are clear, not confusing. Also, let the person asking for help do some of the work. That is the way to learn.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beijilang5 View Post
    Is it more important to be able to work with a group of people on a team or to work independently? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.
    I realize that that part of the post is not really part of the essay, but it is clear, understandable, easy to read. You should make your essay look like that. Strive for clarity. State your opinion then give reasons for your opinion. Supply specific examples to show why your opinion is the right one.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is better to work independently because that is more efficient?

beijilang5 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maluues View Post
    Not a teacher just a student!

I'm not sure but I would write:

Nowadays when it comes to the questioning about wether working in a team or independently, people may often give diverese answers based on their individual value of systems.

To begin with,I concede that work in a group or a team serves as very improtant factors for the company's development.

To begin with, I concede that working in a group or a team serves as a very important factor for the company'sdevelopment.

Since ,team work makes all the people in this company to take care of the company's future ,and they do everything for the company,when they have some projects or some problems ,they always gether together ,having a meeting to discuss the way to do projects.Make their ideas together ,finding out the best way to deal with projects.

Teamwork makes all the colleagues in this company to take care of the company's future by, for example, gathering in a meeting and consolidating their ideas to discuss the accomplishment of their next project.

edit:Sorry that I cannot finish my idea of the correction but I am in a hurry. I will edit the rest when I am home again :)
    Thanks very much,there is really many errors in my essay ,and thanks for you to piont them out ,thanks again! I will check this eaasy again ,thanks

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is quite clear. It should be a primary goal of yours to make sure that all of your sentences are that clear. In short, strive for clarity!

I think the main question here is can you get more done working by yourself or can you get more done working as part of a team. How do you decide which is better?

Is the point to address people's needs or to get things done?

Does a person really get to decide whether or not he or she wants to work with others if that person is an employee of a company?

This is an argumentative essay. Convince me that your viewpoint is the correct one.

Space between paragraphs.

Last edited by RonBee; 25-Jul-2008 at 10:30. Reason: spelling

Maluues is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey no problem :). But I would reat what Ron is writing. There are a lot of good tips in his posts :).

I would like to add one advice:
    You should always begin with a theory like: "Working in a group is better since.....". Then go on with arguments which proof this theory:"Because of more ideas.....". Add some examples , studies whatsoever: "In X's report about .....".

Using all the tips given way you should be able to write an good arguementation.

But remember! You have to write down both positive and negative sides of working alone or in a group.

End the arguementation with a conclusion.

Cheers :)