• French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Letter to a close friend.

Hi all,

Can someone check and correct this letter please.

Thanks in advance,

poet.

I'm putting pen to paper because I thought that handwriting would be the most genuine way to tell you the things I have at the back of my mind. Indeed, the handwritten letter is unique, personal, intimate and also has a great expressive and valuable power which is, I believe, the case in this letter. But first of all, I want you to know that I'm not used to opening my heart to everybody about myself. Yet I feel completely free to do it quite openly here and trustingly because I just do. x created his own world Ė but not so many groups are talented enough to do that. Yes, I went in it thirteen years ago, and i strongly felt immediately connected to it, but emotionally speaking first. When that tune began to play for the very first time i carefully gave it my full attention, and this moment was particularly intense because I merely had never heard of x before this record naturally, though i already had a high opinion about both his work and what he was. Beyond all my expectations this album has turned out to be a true musical revelation. Then, adding further to my unexpected astonishment, a deep feeling literally filled my heart and hit my chest simultaneously, which left a big and lasting impression on me. In a point of fact i was moved to my very soul : it was saying something to me about my life! Afterwards I did realize how much he was one of the truly huge underrated singers/songwriters in American music today. I feel, with all humility, that a common sensitivity brings me closer to x because I am an extremely sensitive person myself, and I have strong feelings too. I can be easily touched by othersípain, experience or stories as i intuitively tend to pick up the feelings of those i care about by nature. I am flooded with emotions very often, so I try to let them get the best of me as much as possible. But let there be no mistaken about that, my inner life isnít totally chaotic or stressful but rather intense : I can experience either joy or disappointment much more deeply. I'm not afraid of being considered weird. I just want to be seen and appreciated for what I am. I am simply in the habit of getting to the heart of the matter in accordance with strong values like loyalty for instance. Iím certain that itís worth mentioning it here. I listen to my feelings. Feelings are important and should always be shown.

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Letter to a close friend.

I'm putting pen to paper because I think that writing by hand would be the most genuine way to tell you the things I have in my mind, at the moment. Indeed, a handwritten letter is unique, personal, intimate and also has a great expressive and valuable power which is, I believe, the case in this letter. But, first of all, I want you to know that I'm not used to opening my heart to everyone about myself. Yet, I feel completely free to do it quite openly here and with trust, because I have such strong feelings.

x has created his own world Ė and not so many groups are talented enough to do that. Yes, I experienced it thirteen years ago, and I immediately felt strongly connected to it, emotionally. When that tune began to play for the very first time, I carefully gave it my full attention, and that moment was particularly intense because I had never heard of x before this record, even though I already had a high opinion about both his work and what he was. (this sentence contradicts itself)

This album has turned out to be a true musical revelation beyond all my expectations. Adding further to my unexpected astonishment, I experienced a deep feeling that literally filled my heart and hit me in my chest, simultaneously. This left a big and lasting impression on me. In fact, I was moved to my very soul. The music was saying something to me about my life!

Afterwards, I realized that he is one of the truly huge, but underrated singers/songwriters in American music today. As a sensitve person with strong feelings, I am humbled because I feel a common sensitivity bringing me closer to x. I am easily touched by othersí pain, experiences or stories and I intuitively pick up the feelings of those I care about by nature. I am often flooded with emotions, so I allow them to get the best of me, as much as possible. But, let there be no mistake, my inner life isnít totally chaotic or stressful, but rather intense : I can experience either deep joy or deep disappointment. I'm not afraid of being considered weird. I just want to be seen and appreciated for what I am. I am simply in the habit of getting to the heart of the matter in accordance with strong values, for example, with loyalty, as an example. Iím certain that itís worth mentioning it here.

I listen to my feelings. My feelings are important and I feel comfortable always showing them.

poet is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello susieqq,

You have been very helpful. Thank you very much.

poet.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    I'm putting pen to paper because I thought that handwriting would be the most genuine way to tell you the things I have at the back of my mind.
    Perhaps:
    I'm putting pen to paper because I decided that would be the best way to tell you what I have on my mind.
    Are you sure you need to make it one big paragraph?