Nicholas_silc Guest

Default Correction requested

Nicholas Ma
    Room 601 Nong 1211
    Nanquan Road, Shanghai 200127
    (021)58703075 Mob: 13916839465 E-mail: EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead
    Qualifications
     Skill in FLASH, DREAMWAVER, FIREWORKS, PHOTOSHOP, ACCESS, OFFICE and CORALDRAW, etc.Passed National Computer Rank Examination (NCRE 3rd Rank)
     Ability to write successful business analysis report both in English and Chinese.
     Good command of English both in writing and speaking, passed CET 4.
     Strong capacities of creating and presenting business presentation.
     Confident and conscientious; team-oriented and work well under pressure; easily adjust to the new environment and handled with interpersonal relationship.
    Education
    Sydney Institute of Language and Commerce, Shanghai University Shanghai, Jia Ding
    Bachelor Degree in International Economic and Trade expected June 2005
    University of Technology Sydney
    Diploma of International Trade, June 2003, and certificate IV in English Studies-SILC Program
    Relevant Coursework
    Macroeconomics Microeconomics
    Essentials of Econometrics Accounting
    Cameralistics International Settlements
    Statistics International Trade Theory
    International Trade Practice Marketing
    Organization Behavior Economic Laws
    Management Information System
    Experience
    Diwan Management Consulting Co., LTD. (Member of Diwan, Ernst & Young Group) Shanghai
    Interpreter, Worked as internship to deal with translating American Publication 550 about investment income and expenses including capital gain and losses, 2003.12~2004.3

Wen Xing gift shop Shanghai
    Administrative Assistant, aided shop owner in operating and marketing, 2001.11~2002.3

this is my resume, please check out! thanks

Mister Micawber is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see it formatted better, Nicholas, before I do any polishing. Can you lay it out in sections, please?-- 'Education', 'Employment History', 'Skills and Abilities', etc.

Nicholas_silc Guest

Nicholas Ma
    Room 601 Nong 1211
    (021)58703075 Mob: 13916839465 E-mail: EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead
    Qualifications  Skill in FLASH, DREAMWAVER, FIREWORKS, PHOTOSHOP, ACCESS, OFFICE and CORALDRAW, etc.Passed National Computer Rank Examination (NCRE 3rd Rank)
     Ability to write successful business analysis report both in English and Chinese.
     Good command of English both in writing and speaking, passed CET 4.
     Strong capacities of creating and presenting business presentation.
     Confident and conscientious; team-oriented and work well under pressure; easily adjust to the new environment and handled with interpersonal relationship.

Education
    Sydney Institute of Language and Commerce, Shanghai University Shanghai, Jia Ding
    Bachelor Degree in International Economic and Trade expected June 2005
    University of Technology Sydney
    Diploma of International Trade, June 2003, and certificate IV in English Studies-SILC Program

Relevant Coursework
    Macroeconomics Microeconomics
    Essentials of Econometrics Accounting
    Cameralistics International Settlements
    Statistics International Trade Theory
    International Trade Practice Marketing
    Organization Behavior Economic Laws
    Management Information System

Experience
    Diwan Management Consulting Co., LTD. (Member of Diwan, Ernst & Young Group) Shanghai
    Interpreter, Worked as internship to deal with translating American Publication 550 about investment income and expenses including capital gain and losses, 2003.12~2004.3
    Wen Xing gift shop Shanghai
    Administrative Assistant, aided shop owner in operating and marketing, 2001.11~2002.3

Nicholas_silc Guest

Dear Sir:
    I am a graduated student form Shanghai University and my major is international economic and trade. I want to apply for the job of Shanghai Johnson that advertised in the newspaper. I am interested in the position of marketing assistant.

I feel I am well qualified for this position. I really enjoy dealing with different people in different atmosphere. Although I am a new fresh man and lack of experience, I can fit the new environment quickly and have good relationship with colleagues and clients. The most important, I will try my best to do the job well—never give up if I have the objectives set. My resume enclosed giving details of my educations; relative stills and some working experience are also for your attention.

Yours sincerely,
    Nicholas

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall it looks fine, Nicholas. Remember that the actual layout on the paper is important. Be sure it is neat and errorless. Good luck in your job search.

Nicholas Ma

Room 601 Nong 1211
    (021)58703075 Mobile: 13916839465 E-mail: EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

Qualifications

Skilled experience in FLASH, DREAMWAVER, FIREWORKS, PHOTOSHOP, ACCESS, OFFICE and CORALDRAW. [Don't use 'etc'. Specify if important; omit if not.].
    Passed National Computer Rank Examination (NCRE 3rd Rank)
    Experienced in creating and presenting business analysis reports and business presentations in English and Chinese.
    Good command of written and spoken English. Passed CET 4.

I am confident and conscientious. I am team-oriented, handling interpersonal relationships positively, and I work well under pressure, easily adjusting to new environments.

Education

Bachelor's Degree in International Economic and Trade,Sydney Institute of Language and Commerce, Shanghai University, Shanghai, Jia Ding (expected June 2005)
    Diploma in International Trade, University of Technology, Sydney, June 2003
    Certificate IV in English Studies-SILC Program, Sydney, June 2003

Relevant Coursework [If a single column takes up too much space, Nicholas, I suggest listing the courses like a long sentence, with commas between the titles.]

Macroeconomics
    Microeconomics
    Essentials of Econometrics
    Accounting
    Cameralistics
    International Settlements
    Statistics
    International Trade Theory
    International Trade Practice
    Marketing
    Organization Behavior
    Economic Laws
    Management Information Systems

Experience

Interpreter, Diwan Management Consulting Co., Ltd. (member of Diwan, Ernst & Young Group), Shanghai, 2003.12~2004.3
    Intermship translating American Publication 550 on investment income and expenses including capital gain and losses.

Administrative Assistant, Wen Xing Gift Shop, Shanghai, 2001.11~2002.3
    Assisted in operating and marketing.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Sirs:

I am majoring in international economics and trade at Shanghai University and will graduate in June2005. I would like to apply for the position of marketing assistant at Shanghai Johnson, as advertised in [newspaper name] on [publication date].

Enclosed please find my resume in application for this position. Although, as a new graduate, I lack experience, I fit into new environments and develop good relationships with colleagues and clients quickly and easily, because I enjoy dealing with different people in different settings. Most important, I am committed to doing my best, never giving up when I have my objectives set. I look forward to the possibility of a personal interview, should you find my application of interest.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. Please contact me if I can supply any further information.

Yours sincerely,

Nicholas Ma

[Add contact information under your typed name]

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location: