Thread: Help is needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help is needed

I have a PhD and I teach in english but I still make 1000s english mistakes every lecture especially when I am tired. I make grammar mistakes, pronounciation mistakes, writting mistakes, and vocabulary mistakes. In short I make all kind of mistakes. Is there a way to build my english skills from scratch on solid foundations. I am willing to dedicate 2 hours per day but I would like some help in terms of resourses and in terms of advising me on which material to approach in order to evolve in an appropriate way. Can anyone show me the path? I will be very grateful

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help is needed

Quote Originally Posted by thomasRavenelli View Post
    I have a PhD and I teach in english but I still make 1000s english mistakes every lecture especially when I am tired. I make grammar mistakes, pronounciation mistakes, writting mistakes, and vocabulary mistakes. In short I make all kind of mistakes. Is there a way to build my english skills from scratch on solid foundations. I am willing to dedicate 2 hours per day but I would like some help in terms of resourses and in terms of advising me on which material to approach in order to evolve in an appropriate way. Can anyone show me the path? I will be very grateful
    Perhaps you could make an arrangement with the English Dept. in your university? The University hired you, and they have some obligation to their students to provide lecturers who are comprehensible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help is needed

I prefer to do it alone (I have high evaluation grades despite my mistakes). I came across cambridge certificate for english proficiency and I am wondering if there is something similar in the US where I can study for it and work on my pronounciation,grammar,syntax,and vocabulary. Perhaps if such program exists I can study in the recommended books that could prepare you for such a test.