Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help!! My students get absolutely bored!

The administration, where I teach is equally stiff. Yet I have succeeded in creating an interest in my students by developing my own techniques within the framework of the given curriculum, although I have had to do a lot of homework. Try it that way.

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, I broke my neck looking for games on the Internet but it paid off because my students liked the lesson. However, the little ones keep on being in another planet even while playing, maybe because the teens are much quicker and therefore they feel isolated but as mentioned, in a group of 25 people is really hard to deal with this!

• Post Thanks / Like

Dear Peter:
    this is Mohammed aboudome' Teacher of English for at least 14 years. I taught different classes with different ages. I faced similar situations and asked for help. Somethimes you need to be creative and encouraging. As for your class, I think if you can change your teaching style to a akind of competion among your students, they will get motivated. But this will not be since the first step. You have to keep going on. You can divide your class into groups, 3 or 4. Make the prize for those who repeat without mistakes and performs perfectly , a short time of break; 5 or 8 miutes. Why break? Because they are bored and break is their goal. In order to achieve their goal, they will participate well without knowing they are learning. I hope this works with you. It seem you are a good teacher but your students need more time .l

• Post Thanks / Like

Try to use student-centered instruction:organize them and let them do and learn while you just act as a director,facilitator, helper.

• Post Thanks / Like

Dear teacher.
    Each teacher must have been through this. i personally have. however, i tried a lot of techniques to over come. the most useful one was to use a little bit difficult language while teaching. this was useful because students didnt use to be in such experience, they will find some kind of challenge and they will try to concentrate.
    At the end of the week you should make a test to put eachof them in his right size.
    Although studentds dont seem to be interested at first, but they do care for grades and they always accept the challange.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Great Britain
      • Current Location:
      • Austria

• Post Thanks / Like

I think you are up against an almost impossible task since you can't possibly keep all of your students quiet as well as happy if you don't set written assignments for them which will result in endless hours of correcting on your part.
    Can't you persuade management to split the group of 24 students into smaller groups that are closer agewise?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2