Can someone help me with the verb tenses of this sentences, ie if they are present simple, past simple, or future
I put my guesses behind each sentence
2. The shop on the corner is open every Sunday. present simple
3. I wrote a letter last week. past simple
4. They will find the new exam difficult. future
5. He decided not to buy a new car. past simple
6. He goes to bed at 10 pm every night. present simple
7. She looked beautiful in her wedding dress. past simple
8. I'll see you tomorrow night. future
9. I love you. present simple
2 is correct as is.
To say, 'is opened' means it is a new shop which starts trading, opens its doors for business for the first time. So, if you add, 'every Sunday', the only way that makes sense is that this shop is closed Mon-Sat, and 'is opened' on Sundays, meaning someone opens the doors and perhaps windows on that day. Why is not clear. Is it to ventilate the premises because they have been shut all week?
Last edited by David L.; 28-Jul-2008 at 07:02.