• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Ocean freight

I would like to explain you about the ocean freight. The freight from HK to Le Havre for these 3 boxes is USDxxx, but this is only for port to port. The cost that expensive is because from Le Havre to your daughterís home. Because there are included the customs clearance, inland transportation and miscellaneous for documentation, handling etc, as the worker cost is must expensive from EU people. Even the goodís volume is not large (only 0.24cbm), but most charge is based on the minimum services / charges, therefore all the cost add up in total is USDxxx.

I will check the cost from FedEx, which can be compared with this ocean freight, to see which is cheapest. But for my option use the forwarder is much safety than the courier, as I donít think the courier can take care the goods individual, and this forwarder is reliable as I was used them to shipped Jeanís personal goods last time. Let me to check the courier cost for you, and let us discuss again later.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Norwegian
      • Home Country:
      • Norway
      • Current Location:
      • Norway

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ocean freight

I do not understand what you mean by the following. Can you try to rephrase your question, or explain what you mean to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2008 View Post
    But for my option use the forwarder is much safety than the courier, as I donít think the courier can take care the goods individual, and this forwarder is reliable...
    The entire post has been edited and corrected, except for the text highlighted in red.

I would like to explain the sea shipping costs. The cost from HK to Le Havre for these 3 boxes is USDxxx, but this is only from port to port. To ship the goods from Le Havre to your daughterís home, additional costs are added. These costs include the customs clearance, inland transportation and miscellaneous costs for documentation, handling etc. These services cost more in the EU, as the worker wages are higher within the EU than outside. Even though the goods' volume is not large (only 0.24cbm), minimum service / charges are significant, therefore the total cost is USDxxx.

I will check the cost from FedEx, which can be compared to this sea shipping, to see which is cheapest. But for my option use the forwarder is much safety than the courier, as I donít think the courier can take care the goods individual, and this forwarder is reliable as I used them to ship Jeanís personal goods last time. Let me check the courier cost for you, and let us discuss again later.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi Norway teacher,

Thanks for the correction.

My meaning is : I sugguest my boss use the forward to shipping the goods instead of FedEx, as their service will be better than FedEx.

Regards,
    Zoe

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe2008 View Post
    I would like to explain you about the ocean freight. The freight from HK to Le Havre for these 3 boxes is USDxxx, but this is only for port to port. The cost that expensive is because from Le Havre to your daughterís home. Because there are included the customs clearance, inland transportation and miscellaneous for documentation, handling etc, as the worker cost is must expensive from EU people. Even the goodís volume is not large (only 0.24cbm), but most charge is based on the minimum services / charges, therefore all the cost add up in total is USDxxx.

I will check the cost from FedEx, which can be compared with this ocean freight, to see which is cheapest. But for my option use the forwarder is much safety than the courier, as I donít think the courier can take care the goods individual, and this forwarder is reliable as I was used them to shipped Jeanís personal goods last time. Let me to check the courier cost for you, and let us discuss again later.
    You can try this version.
    I would like to explain you about the ocean freight. The freight from HK to Le Havre for these 3 boxes is USDxxx, but this is only for port to port. The cost is expensive because besides ocean freight it includes transportation from Le Havre to your daughterís home. (Because there) In the total cost, many other costs are included such as the customs clearance, inland transportation and miscellaneous charges for documentation, handling etc, (as the) with expensive labour (worker)cost of/from EU people. Even though the goodís volume is not large (only 0.24cbm), (but) most charges are based on the minimum services / charges, therefore all the costs add up to make a total of USDxxx.

I will check the cost with (from) FedEx, (which can be compared) after comparision with this ocean freight, to (see which is) ascertain the cheapest one. But (for my option use) I shall prefer the forwarder which is much safer than the courier, as I donít think the courier can take care of the goods one by one (individual), and this is a reliable forwarder as I have (was) used them to ship Jeanís personal goods last time. Any way, let me to check the courier cost for you, and we can discuss again later.

Delete words in brakets underlined.