Martin:) is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default great request - CV

I would like to have a CV without any mistakes. It's very important for me. I would be very grateful if any native speaker could check it. I copied it form text editor and I lost the format. I hope it will not disturb you during reading.

Thanks in advance, Martin:)

---------------------------------------------------

1. Specialties

Team management, Team building, Consulting, Project management, Prince2, PMBoK, ASAP, AIM, Coordination, Forecasting and budging, Financial analysis, Risk evaluation and management, Evaluation of projects and investments / NPV / IRR / ROI / TCO, Sales management / Account management / Building relations, Marketing, Negotiations, Company development and management, Business development, Innovations, Strategies, Strategic management, Strategic initiatives, Planning, Partner channel building, Business justifications, Organization and business process improvements, Creative problems solving, Employees management and coaching, Presentations, Trainings, Business and technology requirements, Law aspects of IT projects and contract creating, Projects scheduling, SAP, Oracle.

2. Education

2006-2007 [name of university] (postgraduate studies)
    IT Project management
    Graduated master's thesis: Excellent (A)

2005-2007 British Council
    English language course on CAE level

2005-2006 Association of Stockbrokers and Investment Advisers
    Training for investment advisers candidates (equivalent to CFA)

1990-1995 [name of university1] (daytime studies)
    Master’s Degree in Economics
    Economics Department
    Course: Informatics and Econometrics
    Average grades for the whole period of studies: Excellent- (A-)
    Achievements: Congratulation letter form the Rector of [name of university1] for very good studying results, the scientific scholarship during the whole period of studies

1986-1990 [name of school]
    Course: Mathematics and physics

3. Work experience

2006 – today [name of company]
    Position: Project Manager /Competence Center of SAP/

Achievements / Tasks:
    One of the first projects of [name of company] in the area of SAP (ERP and E-commerce) for the industrial customer successfully managed. Team management of 10-15 consultants. Successful closing the project preserving estimated margins. Advisory projects for banking&finance customers won and managed self-sufficiently. All projects preserving budgets, time scope and range of tasks correctly managed. Participation in reorganization of large project outside [name of country]. Supporting of sales activities (pre-sales).

2005 - 2006 Entrepreneur in area of business consulting

Achievements / Tasks:
    Participation in building IT services company.

2003 - 2005 [name of company1]
    Position: Account Manager /Sector of Industry/

Achievements / Tasks:
    Some complex projects for [name of comapny1] won, among other things very innovative project for multi-site production and logistics optimization. Contract of the highest value in 2005 with new customer – project’s value ca. X million EUR. Very good knowledge of [name of country] industry, SAP competitors on [name of country] market. Very good knowledge of SAPs’ business solutions and SAP business model.

1995 - 2003 [name of company2]
    Position: Sales Director /Sector of Healthcare&Insurance/ 2000-2003
    Account Manager, Key Account Manager 1995-2000

Achievements / Tasks:
    Completely new team built and trained operating in the whole [name of country] in area of sales, marketing and project management (ca. 15 persons). Creating and managing of sectors’ budgets – ca. X million EUR annual revenue, ca. X million EUR annual costs, controlling of projects’ execution and costs. Managing in the agreed limits of budget and keeping the profit and lose balance. Implementation of CRM solution to improve customers’ management possibilities. Business process improvements. Participation in the process of four companies merging – A, B, C, D – creation of Healthcare&Insurance Sector in [name of company2]. Participation in building business partners channel. High profit of sectors’ projects prevented (average ca. X%). Some large project performed for the customers reorganized. Market share increased in area of software solutions in [name of country] insurance companies (from X% of market share in ... to X% in ...). Duopoly of complex software provided for [customer name].

A lot of won, negotiated and managed projects in industry, public and healthcare&insurance sectors. Successful project management.

Participation in the program of stocks’ options for the key employees. Multiple awarded and honored by the direct managers and the Board.

1993 do 1995 [name of company3]
    Position: Team Manager, Consultant

Achievements / Tasks:
    Completely new team built (2 persons) in area of implementations, testing and technical support of offered software. Considerable improvements in area of software and documentation quality. Considerable improvements in area in area of effectiveness and quality of customers support from Europe and USA.

4. Personal profile

• High interpersonal abilities
    • Skills of proper communication
    • Analytical abilities
    • Organizational abilities
    • Abilities of appraising the situation
    • Abilities to plan and analyzing current results
    • Abilities of passing proper decisions
    • Abilities to passing decision promptly
    • Abilities to work in team
    • Project management from planning to execution, organizing and coordination
    • Responsibility
    • Willing to learn
    • Knowledge of trainings and presentations rules
    • International travel experience
    • Knowledge of MS Office, MS Project tools

5. Trainings (selection)

• Project management methodology Prince2 level Practitioner
    • Project management methodology Prince2 level Foundation
    • Workshop in area of Enterprise Asset Management
    • Sales process
    • Internal auditor of quality system
    • Project management of Eiffel Tower
    • A lot of trainings concerning innovated business solution in area of Enterprise Resource Planning, Supply Chain Management, Product Lifecycle Management, Customer Relationship Management, Supplier Relationships Management
    • Effective communication
    • Managing projects using PBMoK methodology
    • Marketing management
    • Organizational behaviors. Decision making
    • Strategic management
    • Finance and accounting
    • Rules of professional presentations
    • Professional sales strategies and techniques
    • Target Account Selling
    • Executive Selling
    • MS Project

6. Languages

• A – native speaker
    • B – fluent
    • C – average, good understanding
    • D – weak

7. References

Available on request.

8. Descriptions of projects (selection)

Available on request.
    Last edited by Martin:); 05-Aug-2008 at 22:26.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: great request - CV

Welcome to the forums.

Loss of your formatting is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin:) View Post
    I would like to have a CV without any mistakes. It's very important for me. I would be very grateful if any native speaker could check it. I copied it form text editor and I lost the format. I hope it will not disturb you during reading.

---------------------------------------------------

1. Specialties If you are using this in the UK, then "Specialities" OR "Special Interests and Skills".

Team management, Team building, Consulting, Project management, Prince2, PMBoK, ASAP, AIM, Coordination, Forecasting and budging, Financial analysis, Risk evaluation and management, Evaluation of projects and investments / NPV / IRR / ROI / TCO, Sales management / Account management / Building relations, Marketing, Negotiations, Company development and management, Business development, Innovations, Strategies, Strategic management, Strategic initiatives, Planning, Partner channel building, Business justifications, Organization and business process improvements, Creative problem solving, Employee management and coaching, Presentations, Trainings, Business and technology requirements, Legal aspects of IT projects and contract creating, Projects scheduling, SAP, Oracle.

2. Education

2006-2007 [name of university] (postgraduate studies)
    IT Project management

2005-2007 British Council
    English language course at CAE level

2005-2006 Association of Stockbrokers and Investment Advisers
    Training for investment advisers candidates (equivalent to CFA)

1990-1995 [name of university1] (daytime studies)
    Master’s Degree in Economics
    Economics Department
    Course: Informatics and Econometrics
    Average grades for the whole period of studies: Excellent- (A-)
    Achievements: Congratulation letter from the Rector of [name of university1] for very good studying results; A scientific scholarship during the whole period of studies

1986-1990 [name of school]
    Course: Mathematics and physics

3. Work experience

2006 – today [name of company]
    Position: Project Manager /Competence Center of SAP/

Achievements / Tasks:
    One of the first projects of [name of company] in the area of SAP (ERP and E-commerce) for the industrial customer successfully managed. Team management of 10-15 consultants. Successful closure of the project preserving estimated margins. Advisory projects for banking and finance customers won and managed self-sufficiently. All projects preserving budgets, time scope and range of tasks correctly managed. Participation in reorganization of large project outside [name of country]. Supporting of sales activities (pre-sales).

2005 - 2006 Entrepreneur in area of business consulting

Achievements / Tasks:
    Participation in building IT services company.

2003 - 2005 [name of company1]
    Position: Account Manager /Sector of Industry/

Achievements / Tasks:
    Some complex projects for [name of comapny1] won, including a very innovative project for multi-site production and logistics optimization. Contract of the highest value in 2005 with new customer – project’s value ca. X million EUR. Very good knowledge of [name of country] industry, SAP competitors in [name of country] market. Very good knowledge of SAPs’ business solutions and SAP business model.

1995 - 2003 [name of company2]
    Position: Sales Director /Sector of Healthcare and Insurance/ 2000-2003
    Account Manager, Key Account Manager 1995-2000

Achievements / Tasks:
    Completely new team built and trained operating thoughout [name of country] in area of sales, marketing and project management (ca. 15 persons). Creating and managing of sectors’ budgets – ca. X million EUR annual revenue, ca. X million EUR annual costs, controlling of projects’ execution and costs. Managing within the agreed limits of budget and keeping the profit and loss balance. Implementation of CRM solution to improve customers’ management possibilities. Business process improvements. Participation in the process of four companies merging – A, B, C, D – creation of Healthcare and Insurance Sector in [name of company2]. Participation in building business partners' channel. High profit of sectors’ projects prevented (average ca. X%). Reorganization of some large projects for customers. Market share increased in area of software solutions in [name of country] insurance companies (from X% of market share in ... to X% in ...). Duopoly of complex software provided for [customer name].

A lot of won, negotiated and managed projects in industry, public and healthcare and insurance sectors. Successful project management.

Participation in the program of stocks’ options for the key employees. Multiple awarded and honored by the direct managers and the Board.

1993 - 1995 [name of company3]
    Position: Team Manager, Consultant

Achievements / Tasks:
    Completely new team built (2 persons) in area of implementations, testing and technical support of offered software. Considerable improvements in area of software and documentation quality. Considerable improvements in area in area of effectiveness and quality of customer support from Europe and USA.

4. Personal profile

• High interpersonal abilities
    • Excellent communication skills
    • Analytical ability
    • Organizational ability
    • Able to appraise situations
    • Able to plan and analyze current results
    • Able to take proper decisions
    • Able to decide promptly
    • Good team member
    • Practiced in Project management from planning to execution, organizing and coordination
    • Responsible
    • Willing to learn
    • Knowledge of training and presentation rules
    • International travel experience
    • Knowledge of MS Office, MS Project tools

5. Training (selection)

• Project management methodology Prince2 level Practitioner
    • Project management methodology Prince2 level Foundation
    • Workshop in area of Enterprise Asset Management
    • Sales process
    • Internal auditor of quality system
    • Project management of Eiffel Tower
    • A lot of training concerning innovative business solutions in Enterprise Resource Planning, Supply Chain Management, Product Lifecycle Management, Customer Relationship Management, Supplier Relationships Management
    • Effective communication
    • Managing projects using PBMoK methodology
    • Marketing management
    • Organizational behaviors. Decision making
    • Strategic management
    • Finance and accounting
    • Rules of professional presentations
    • Professional sales strategies and techniques
    • Target Account Selling
    • Executive Selling
    • MS Project

6. Languages

• A – native speaker
    • B – fluent
    • C – average, good understanding
    • D – weak

7. References

Available on request.

8. Descriptions of projects (selection)

Available on request.

Post Thanks / Like

Anglika,
    Thanks a lot for help
    I am impressd by your fast replay.
    I am your debtor;)

Would you be so kind and look at my cover letter?
    Is it grammatically correct?
    Any advices about the style?

--------------------------------------------
    [name, family]
    [address]
    [mobile]
    [email]

[name of city], [date]

Concerning:[subject]

Dear Madame or Sir,

I read your advertisement included in the Internet with interest. Over the past eight years, I have been working on the manager position leading the teams and managing the projects in area of consulting. In my career I succeeded in:
    • Sales by proper investment leading, dealing development and transactions closing in appropriate time
    • Monitoring investments, projects and teams
    • Obtaining financial and project management background

So I believe my background and experience are proper for the person on the position you are looking for a candidate.

Currently I have been working on the position of Project Manager in the joint-stock company [name of company]. I am looking for a new challenges. I would like to continue my career in the area of business management in modern, expanding company.

Please find my current resume included. It will be a great pleasure for me to discuss my profiles in the details during the meeting or by phone. I am positive that my knowledge and experience will strongly contribute to your client. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully,
    [name and family]
    Last edited by Martin:); 06-Aug-2008 at 10:52.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martin:) View Post
    Anglika,
    Thanks a lot for help
    I am impressd by your fast replay.
    I am your debtor;)

Would you be so kind and look at my cover letter?
    Is it grammatically correct?
    Any advices about the style?

--------------------------------------------
    [name, family]
    [address]
    [mobile]
    [email]

[name of city], [date]

Concerning:[subject]

Dear Madame or Sir, Sir or Madam,

I read your advertisement included in on the Internet with interest. I believe my background and experience are proper for the person on the position you are looking for a candidate.match the requirements for the position you have advertised.

Over the past eight years, I have been working on the manager in a managerial position leading the teams teams and managing the projects projects in area of consulting. In my career I have succeeded in:
    • Sales by proper investment leading, dealing development and transactions closing in appropriate time [This sentence does not make sense to me. Can you be clearer about what you did?]
    • Monitoring investments, projects and teams
    • Obtaining financial and project management background

Currently I am working on the position of as Project Manager in a joint-stock company: [name of company]. I am looking for a new challenge and I would like to continue my career in the area of [omit]business management within a modern, expanding company.

Please find my current resume included.[attached (if applying by e-mail); enclosed (if applying by post)] It will be a great pleasure for me to discuss my profiles in the details during the meeting or by phone. I am positive that my knowledge and experience will strongly contribute to your client. I am available for interview at your convenience, and can be contacted at any time by phone or e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
    [name and family]

Post Thanks / Like

Anglika,
    > • Sales by proper investment leading, dealing development and transactions closing in appropriate time [This sentence does not make sense to me. Can you be clearer about what you did?]

I did account management and sales management leading the team of 20 persons.

Martin:)