Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: canceled

Dany is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

canceled

Is it correct to say:

At time I work in a not canceled position as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant.

I hope you understand what I want to say :(

If you are german:
    I want to say "zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt" :wink:

Kind regards,
    Dany :D

Post Thanks / Like
    regular employee?

Natalie27 Guest

Re: canceled

Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Is it correct to say:

At time I work in a not canceled position as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant.

I hope you understand what I want to say :(

If you are german:
    I want to say "zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt" :wink:

Kind regards,
    Do you mean you're filling in for someone as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant when the position becomes open?

:)

Post Thanks / Like

"zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt"
    Babel Fish provides the following direct translation. I added the words in brackets (...):

At present I am busy (i.e., employed) in (a) position without being under notice as a female assistant Regulatory Affairs (office worker).

Babl Fish Translations: Click Here.

Dany is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    "zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt"
    Babel Fish provides the following direct translation. I added the words in brackets (...):

At present I am busy (i.e., employed) in (a) position without being under notice as a female assistant Regulatory Affairs (office worker).

Thanks a lot, Casiopea

Post Thanks / Like

it is a concealed or covert position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea

Thanks a lot, Casiopea

You're welcome. :D

I've a question: What does 'without being under notice' mean? :?

Natalie27 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bmo
    it is a concealed or covert position.
    Why do you think it would be a concealed or covert position? It sounds like something with a military background or straight from Iraq. If Dany worked as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, what do you think suggests something "covert" about his position?

I don't feel comfortable with the word by word translation from German to English and I am still puzzled over that one too.
    Any ideas? Or am I missing something here?
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)

Natalie27 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bmo
    put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)
    It sounds like IRS to me more than anything. As far as I know (and it's not a hell of a lot), Regulatory Offices are spread out all over the place like dog's breakfast. They are separate offices watching over (regulating) affairs regarding everything from health, drugs to schoolboards, commerce and what have you. I don't think there is anything covert/concealed about Regulatory Affairs Assistant's job.
    Again, I might be wrong, but it's a bit far fetched for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast