Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: canceled

  1. #11
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would simply say that I work as a regulatory affairs assistant.

    :)

  2. #12
    Natalie27 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    I would simply say that I work as a regulatory affairs assistant.

    :)
    That's what I would do too. I don't think I have heard anything like
    "without being under notice". Have you? Just wondering....

  3. #13
    Dany's Avatar
    Dany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: canceled

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    "zur Zeit bin ich in ungekündigter Stellung als Assistentin Regulatory Affairs beschäftigt"
    Babel Fish provides the following direct translation. I added the words in brackets (...):

    At present I am busy (i.e., employed) in (a) position without being under notice as a female assistant Regulatory Affairs (office worker).

    Babl Fish Translations: Click Here.
    Thanks a lot, Casiopea

    Dany :D
    You're welcome. :D

    I've a question: What does 'without being under notice' mean? :?
    It means, that you work in a company (for example five years) and you are not canceled since that time.

    Do you understand?

    Kind regards,
    Dany :D

  4. #14
    Dany's Avatar
    Dany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: canceled

    Quote Originally Posted by bmo
    put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)
    For better understanding, I try to explain you, what Regulatory Affairs is.
    If searched in a dictionary for another word. There are so many words, that I'm not sure whether this translation is the correct one or not.

    Regulatory Affairs = drug authorisation

    I hope that you understand now :wink:

    Kind regards,
    Dany

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: canceled

    Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Quote Originally Posted by bmo
    put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)
    For better understanding, I try to explain you, what Regulatory Affairs is.
    If searched in a dictionary for another word. There are so many words, that I'm not sure whether this translation is the correct one or not.

    Regulatory Affairs = drug authorisation

    I hope that you understand now :wink:

    Kind regards,
    Dany
    So, then, does 'without being under notice' mean, undercover?

  6. #16
    Dany's Avatar
    Dany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: canceled

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Quote Originally Posted by bmo
    put two and two together. as a Regulatory Affairs Assistant, Dany doesn't expose his/her position so as to monitor company's internal activities: safety issues, observance of government guidelines, etc. Maybe Danny's overt title is mail room clerk. (Regulatory Affairs Department is a big thing. Breaking regularations or submitting false or unsubstantiated test results to government could lead to downfall of a company.)
    For better understanding, I try to explain you, what Regulatory Affairs is.
    If searched in a dictionary for another word. There are so many words, that I'm not sure whether this translation is the correct one or not.

    Regulatory Affairs = drug authorisation

    I hope that you understand now :wink:

    Kind regards,
    Dany
    So, then, does 'without being under notice' mean, undercover?
    No, it doesn't mean undercover.
    I work in a department of drug authorisation, like some people work in a car authorisation. There is nothing undercover
    Of course you can't compare it with a car authorisation. You must know, that one product has about 10 file foulder with documentations and studies and much more.

    I don't know how I should explain "without being under notice" to you. I try to explain it in other words.

    without being under notice = you havn't got a dismissal by employer.

    Do you understand know?
    :wink:

  7. #17
    Dany's Avatar
    Dany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: canceled

    Hello Casiopea,

    It is really hard, to explain you, what I do.
    You asked if I work in undercover. In my post I have explained you, that I don't.

    I work in a pharmaceutical company in the Regulatory Affairs department. Regulatory Affairs is used worldwide for "drug authorisation". In my company "DeltaSelect GmbH" we produce and sell drugs. The mainly drugs we have are: solutions for infusion, local anaesthetics and antibiotics.

    My homework for school is, to write an apply to an Englisch school. That's why I want to know what you say if you are in a "not canceled" position (you haven't get a dismissal by employer) .

    I hope that you understand it better know :wink:

    Kind regards,
    Dany :D

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: canceled

    Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Hello Casiopea,

    It is really hard, to explain you, what I do.
    You asked if I work in undercover. In my post I have explained you, that I don't.

    I work in a pharmaceutical company in the Regulatory Affairs department. Regulatory Affairs is used worldwide for "drug authorisation". In my company "DeltaSelect GmbH" we produce and sell drugs. The mainly drugs we have are: solutions for infusion, local anaesthetics and antibiotics.

    My homework for school is, to write an apply to an Englisch school. That's why I want to know what you say if you are in a "not canceled" position (you haven't get a dismissal by employer) .

    I hope that you understand it better know :wink:

    Kind regards,
    Dany :D
    What about uisng 'permanent position'? :D

  9. #19
    Dany's Avatar
    Dany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: canceled

    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Hello Casiopea,

    It is really hard, to explain you, what I do.
    You asked if I work in undercover. In my post I have explained you, that I don't.

    I work in a pharmaceutical company in the Regulatory Affairs department. Regulatory Affairs is used worldwide for "drug authorisation". In my company "DeltaSelect GmbH" we produce and sell drugs. The mainly drugs we have are: solutions for infusion, local anaesthetics and antibiotics.

    My homework for school is, to write an apply to an Englisch school. That's why I want to know what you say if you are in a "not canceled" position (you haven't get a dismissal by employer) .

    I hope that you understand it better know :wink:

    Kind regards,
    Dany :D
    What about uisng 'permanent position'? :D
    That sounds well to me. Thanks a lot

  10. #20
    Natalie27 Guest

    Default Re: canceled

    Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Hello Casiopea,

    It is really hard, to explain you, what I do.
    You asked if I work in undercover. In my post I have explained you, that I don't.

    I work in a pharmaceutical company in the Regulatory Affairs department. Regulatory Affairs is used worldwide for "drug authorisation". In my company "DeltaSelect GmbH" we produce and sell drugs. The mainly drugs we have are: solutions for infusion, local anaesthetics and antibiotics.

    My homework for school is, to write an apply to an Englisch school. That's why I want to know what you say if you are in a "not canceled" position (you haven't get a dismissal by employer) .

    I hope that you understand it better know :wink:

    Kind regards,
    Dany :D
    What about uisng 'permanent position'? :D
    That sounds well to me. Thanks a lot
    Hi Dany,

    I was thinking about your explanation and it sounds to me that the company assigned you for 5 years to do the job of a Regulatory Assisstant so maybe this job is a contract job then? That's what it would mean here in my country. You sign a contract with the employer (a private company) that you agree to perform certain duties for a definate period of time during which they can't fire you or lay you off, etc.

    getting closer, Dany????
    or perhaps, you do have a permanent position with the comapny and you just change posts?

    My brain is swimming, I'd better leave it at that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •