Thread: Summary: FED

Post Thanks / Like

Default Summary: FED

Hello.

Looks like if I´m very assiduous today. So here is another summary. One again I´m looking forward to your proofreading.

Topic: The Federal Reserve System (FED)
    "The national banking system in america is controlled by the independant instituion FED, which stands for "Federal Reserve System".
    Main function of the FED ist the accurate regulation of money´s cost and availability. To less presence of money might lead in raising unemployment or even a recession; however, far too much money would result in high prices and therefore cause an inflation. Moreover by offering banks new coins and bills, the FED enhances the circulation of money. The last responsibilty is the control of international business and banks movements abroad.
    The seats in the FED were kept by three different groups. Both, all national bank institutions and every deposit-taking union is forced to join the FED. Some governours, who were called by the President, complete the FED after the Senate voted for the President´s choice. The FED acts independant form the Congress´s finances even tough it is responsible for regulary reports on the current monetary policies of the Government.
    Whereas the FED is official acting on its own, in most cases it supports the recent decisions of the Congress."

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Summary: FED

Quote Originally Posted by SimonUnthan View Post
    Hello.

Looks like if I´m very assiduous today. So here is another summary. One again I´m looking forward to your proofreading.

Topic: The Federal Reserve System (FED)
    "The national banking system in america the USA is controlled by the independent institution FED, which stands for "Federal Reserve System".
    The main function of the FED is the accurate regulation of money's cost and availability. To less presence of Less available money might lead in raising to rising unemployment or even a recession; however, far too much money would result in high prices and therefore cause an inflation. Moreover, by offering banks new coins and bills, the FED enhances the circulation of money. The Its last responsibility is the control of international business and bank movements abroad.

The seats
    [????} in the FED were kept by three different groups. Both, all All national bank institutions and every deposit-taking union is forced to join the FED. Some governors, who were called by the President, complete the FED after the Senate voted for the President's choice. The FED acts independent from Congress's finances even though it is responsible for regulary reports on the current monetary policies of the Government.
    Whereas the FED is officially acting on its own, in most cases it supports the recent decisions of Congress."
    I am not sure how many of these errors are careless typing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank your for your answer.
    Some of the mistakes were caused by typing, but I´ve some questions on few of your corrects:

america the USA:
    Is it wrong our just unusual to say america instead of USA?

money's cost; Congress'sfinances; the President's choice:
    I´m afraid I didn´t get the point here. Is it wrong our why did you mark these words? What would be correct?

The seats [????} in the FED were kept by three different groups:
    What I wanted to express is that there are three groups in the FED. In german you call the parts of such an instituiton "seats". How should I express this in english?

Thanks for your help!

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SimonUnthan View Post
    Thank your for your answer.
    Some of the mistakes were caused by typing, but I´ve some questions on few of your corrects:

america the USA:
    Is it wrong our just unusual to say america instead of USA? More correct to say the USA since America could be the entire continent.

money's cost; Congress'sfinances; the President's choice:
    I´m afraid I didn´t get the point here. Is it wrong our why did you mark these words? What would be correct? You had a space before and after the apostrophe. No space is required.

The seats [????} in the FED were kept by three different groups:
    What I wanted to express is that there are three groups in the FED. In german you call the parts of such an instituiton "seats". How should I express this in english? Different sections of the FED represent three groups. They are.....

Thanks for your help!
    Hope that helps.