Thread: Essay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Essay

please help me to correct this essay professionaly becuase i am studing for IELTS
    This topic is about : Only formal examination , written or practical, can give a clear picture of students true knowledge and ability at university level. Continuous assessment like course work"

One of the methods to assessment students is examination, it often faces with some problems though.

Firstly, examination is arranged in a certain time of specific day. So all of the students could not have same conditions duo to some accidental problem. Sometimes it was done in spite of one student has an awful time before the exam because of sick, an accident, died the her or his relatives suddenly, or something like that. In addition, another important problem that causes some students to lose the chance in exam is stress. Stress can prevent student to have a good exam, so students become nervous and sometimes they get headache, stomachache and else. In addition to,exam made a improper competition between the students, it was seen even it their families. Hence parents put the student under the pressure to get a good grade with criticize them for bad or not good mark on an examination.

Everything that was mentioned about the exam was a fact that no one can denied it, but its not cause to abolish the exam because of more advantages of examinations. In parts of stress and competition, they are not bad thing all the time, actually stress and competition force the students to keep up with other students specially for lazy ones that are use to postpone their course work. Accidentally problem, first of all its not happen always and if its happen its only for a little students not most of them, but one way to solve this problem is midterm examinations this situation enhance efficiency and reduce stress, competition and likely the accidentally problems.

In conclusion, I think examination is a good way to estimate the students, and it can be a effective factor to improve the knowledge, but its not enough, so in order to get more clear picture of students, its equally important, if not more important, to have continuous assessment like class activity and projects.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Essay

Quote Originally Posted by rezashena View Post
    This topic is about : Only formal examination , written or practical, can give a clear picture of students true knowledge and ability at university level. Continuous assessment like course work"
    The topic is "Only formal examination , written or practical, can give a clear picture of students' true knowledge and ability at university level".

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Essay

Quote Originally Posted by rezashena View Post
    One of the methods to assessment students is examination, it often faces with some problems though.

One of the methods of assessing students is examination. There are some problems with it though.