• Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Default self-reflect on themselves

Helllo everyone

I'd like to ask about the meaning of "self-reflect on themselves" in the following context:

NGOs (non-governmental organizations) relatively recently started to massively self-reflect on themselves as a sector by holding NGO forums in 2005 and 2006. The latter especially has focused on issues of internal cooperation. In a survey conducted in 2006 of NGOs only 45% answered “yes” to the question “whether NGOs are cooperating enough with each other”.

Does "self-reflect on themselves" mean "consider themselves", i.e. NGOs started to consider themselves as a sector?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: self-reflect on themselves

I feel it is more that they began to think about what they do and what they want to be.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: self-reflect on themselves

Quote Originally Posted by KLPNO View Post
    Helllo everyone

I'd like to ask about the meaning of "self-reflect on themselves" in the following context:

NGOs (non-governmental organizations) relatively recently started to massively self-reflect on themselves as a sector by holding NGO forums in 2005 and 2006. The latter especially has focused on issues of internal cooperation. In a survey conducted in 2006 of NGOs only 45% answered “yes” to the question “whether NGOs are cooperating enough with each other”.

Does "self-reflect on themselves" mean "consider themselves", i.e. NGOs started to consider themselves as a sector?
    I wouldn't suggest using it as a template sentence. "On themselves" is redundant. You can't self-reflect on someone else.