MadHatter22 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Could you check my covering letter?

Hi everyone!

I want to apply for a work experience placement at a Britih publishing house and it would be very nice if you could read my covering letter and give some hints, e.g. concering the length of the sentences, sentence structure in general, if some phrases probably sound strange, grammatical/ orthographic mistakes... Just everything that crosses you minds while reading and might be helpful ;)

Dear Sir/ Madam

I would like to apply for a work experience placement in you company as advertised on your website. I am presently studying English Language and Literature as well as Communication and Media Studies at the University of Leipzig. In the course of my studies, I am constantly dealing with literature, literary theory as well as the forms and functioning of media. Owing to advanced practical language courses and extensive reading, I speak English fluently.

As you will see from my enclosed CV, I already gained experience in the field of publishing. I have worked for two smaller publishing houses, which provided me with a good understanding of common procedures in publishing, such as editing and customer relations. Due to my current position as part-time office assistant for the City-Tunnel Leipzig, I am also familiar with office work in general.

I would appreciate the chance to work for a large international publishing house to enhance and apply the knowledge gained through my studies and former work experiences.

I am available from August to September 2009. As I am applying from Germany, I would also be very grateful to remain at your company for a longer period than the stated two to three weeks. For further information, please feel free to contact me at anytime. I greatly appreciate your interest and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully

Thanks a lot in advance!

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could you check my covering letter?

Dear Sir/ Madam

I would like to apply for a work experience placement in your company, as advertised on your website. I am presently studying English Language and Literature as well as Communication and Media Studies at the University of Leipzig. In the course of my studies, I am constantly dealing with literature and literary theory as well as the forms and functioning of media. Owing to advanced practical language courses and extensive reading, I speak English fluently.

As you will see from my enclosed CV, I have already gained experience in the field of publishing. I have worked for two smaller publishing houses, which provided a good understanding of common procedures in publishing, such as editing and customer relations. Due to my current position as part-time office assistant for the City-Tunnel Leipzig, I am also familiar with general office procedures.

I would appreciate the chance to work for a large international publishing house to enhance the knowledge gained through my studies and apply successful previous work experiences.

I am available from August to September 2009. As I am applying from Germany, I would also be very grateful to remain at your company for a longer period than the stated two to three weeks. For further information, please feel free to contact me at anytime. I greatly appreciate your interest and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.