• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Nepali
      • Home Country:
      • Nepal
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What, for you, represents the Canadian way of life?

A try on the LPI, Feedbacks are welcome.

Canada is a multicultural nation, with people coming from around the world. It is really hard to notice a specific Canadian way of life, one thing is for sure and that is, people tend to be really friendly to each other.
    Canada comprises, mostly, of immigrants from around the world; at least, in the case of my city, Vancouver. This is clearly testified by the statistics of Canada, where it states that Vancouver is mostly populated by people from Asia , South-America and so on. As an example of that would be the Downtown area, where you could see individuals of different races. It is somewhat like the whole world has come together in a small city, in peace and harmony.
    Friendliness and hostility are, without ant doubt, some of the best aspects of the Canadians, and they are very open-minded about different traditions. Of course, having people from different cultures and tradition gathered around in the same locality might be over-whelming at times, but here, in Canada, people have learnt adapt with the differences and respect each-otherís culture. A clear example of this would be my workplace, where there are workers from different nationalities. It is quite surprising how we get along easily, and entertain ourselves. We are also very open-hearted about our culture and tradition; and, so are the rest of the Canadians. For instance, during the Chinese new year, we, those of us who were not working, enjoyed the festival all-together, being present at Chinatown. It was an auspicious occasion with heart-stopping fireworks and dazzling performances, by the performers. Having almost the whole world in the city, there is always a great occasion to celebrate and have fun.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What, for you, represents the Canadian way of life?

Welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by himal View Post
    A try on the LPI, Feedbacks are welcome.

Canada is a multicultural nation, with people coming from around the world. It is really hard to notice a specific Canadian way of life, but one thing is for sure and that is people tend to be really friendly to each other.
    Canada comprises, mostly, of immigrants from around the world; at least, in the case of my city, Vancouver. This is clearly testified by the statistics of Canada, where it states that Vancouver is mostly populated by people from Asia , South America and so on. An example of that would be the Downtown area, where you can see individuals of different races. It is somewhat like the whole world has come together in a small city, in peace and harmony.
    Friendliness and hostility hospitality are, without any doubt, some of the best aspects of the Canadians. They are very open-minded about different traditions. Of course, having people from different cultures and traditions gathered around omit in the same locality might be over-whelming at times, but here, in Canada, people have learnt to adapt to the differences and respect each otherís cultures. A clear example of this would be my workplace, where there are workers from different nationalities. It is quite surprising how we get along easilyeasily we get along, and entertain ourselves. We are also very open-hearted open about our cultures and traditions; and, so are the rest of the Canadians. For instance, during the Chinese New Year, we, OMIT those of us who were not working enjoyed the festival all together, being present at in Chinatown. It was an auspicious occasion with heart-stopping fireworks and dazzling performances, by the performers omit Having almost the whole world in the city, there is always a great occasion to celebrate and have fun.
    The one comment I have is that you are referring to life in Vancouver as if it was the same throughout the country. Can you really justify that?

himal is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Nepali
      • Home Country:
      • Nepal
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

The one comment I have is that you are referring to life in Vancouver as if it was the same throughout the country. Can you really justify that?

But, as the question asks what, for me, represents the cdn way of life? which is everything i explained in the essay. Wouldn't that be a good answer, since it asks for my thoughts.
    Thnx agn for the valuable comments. Really appreciated.

banderas is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

where you could see individuals of different races. It is somewhat like the whole world has come together in a small city, in peace and harmony.
    Having almost the whole world in the city, there is always a great occasion to celebrate and have fun.
    Are you not living in London by any chance?

Keralite is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Malayalam
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Its nice and worth reading. But I didnt get what is LPI. Can you pls help me out?

himal is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Nepali
      • Home Country:
      • Nepal
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by banderas View Post
    Are you not living in London by any chance?
    Not actually, I live in Vancouver. hehehe

himal is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Nepali
      • Home Country:
      • Nepal
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keralite View Post
    Its nice and worth reading. But I didnt get what is LPI. Can you pls help me out?
    Oh yeah! Its something like TOEFL,but mostly focuses on the writing part. I think almost all the colleges and universities have their own written exams, but in different formats and names.

Post Thanks / Like

Canada is a multicultural nation, with people coming from around the world. It is really (challenging, difficult) to notice a specific Canadian way of life, but one thing is for sure and that is people tend to be really friendly to each other.
    Canada comprises, mostly, of immigrants from around the world; at least, in the case of my city, Vancouver. This is clearly testified by the statistics of Canada, where it states that Vancouver is mostly populated by people from Asia , South America and (I would rather add one more nation). An example of that would be the downtown area. It is somewhat like the whole world has come together in a small city, in peace and harmony.
    Friendliness and hospitality are, without any doubt, some of the best aspects of the Canadians. They are very open-minded about (various) traditions. Of course, (dealing with such adversity) in (one location) might be overwhelming at times, but here, in Canada(or Vancouver?), people have learnt to adapt (and respect each other's differences). A clear example of this would be my workplace, where there are workers (of) different (origin). It is quite surprising how easily we get along, and entertain ourselves. We are very open about our cultures and traditions and, so are the rest of the Canadians. For instance, during the Chinese New Year, those of us who (didn't work), gathered together and enjoyed the festival in Chinatown. It was an auspicious occasion with heart-stopping fireworks and dazzling performances.Having almost the whole world in the city, there is always a great occasion to celebrate, have fun and stretch one's horizons on many issues.

Just a few quick corrections. In general, try to omit long sentences. Use synonims and don't repeat the same thoughts. If you'd like to write more, you could elaborate on how they work and sth about a family life too. I'd also suggest using the transition words: however, moreover, therefore, etc.
    Hope it helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed it: (I made all corrections (to the ones made before by someone else) in black).

Canada is a multicultural nation, with people coming from around the world. It is really (challenging, difficult) to notice a specific Canadian way of life, but one thing is for sure and that is people tend to be really friendly to each other.
    Canada comprises, mostly, of immigrants from around the world; at least, in the case of my city, Vancouver. This is clearly testified by the statistics (of Canada - omit), where it states that Vancouver is mostly populated by people from Asia , South America and (I would rather add one more nation). An example of that would be the downtown area. It is somewhat like the whole world has come together in a small city, in peace and harmony.
    Friendliness and hospitality are, with any (or without a doubt) doubt, some of the best aspects of the Canadians. They are very open-minded about (various) traditions. Of course, (dealing with such adversity) in (one location) might be overwhelming at times, but here, in Canada (or Vancouver?), people have learnt to adapt (and respect each other's differences). A clear example of this would be my workplace, where there are workers (of) different (origin). It is quite surprising how easily we get along, and entertain ourselves. We are very open about our cultures and traditions, and so are the rest of the Canadians. For instance, during the Chinese New Year, those of us who (didn't work), gathered together and enjoyed the festival in Chinatown. It was an auspicious occasion with heart-stopping fireworks and dazzling performances.Having almost the whole world in the city, there is always a great occasion to celebrate, have fun and stretch one's horizons on many issues.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

But, as the question asks what, for me, represents the cdn way of life? which is everything i explained in the essay. Wouldn't that be a good answer, since it asks for my thoughts.
    Thnx agn for the valuable comments. Really appreciated.
    Good point, but I think it needs to be made clear that your experience is concentrated in Vancouver. It is not absolutely clear. I suggest you start by stating that you live in Vancouver, and that your judgement is therefore governed by your experience of that city, but that it may not be applicable to the entire nation. The rest of the essay [with changes] is fine.

nb - we prefer that posters do not use abbreviations in their posts.