• Post Thanks / Like

Smile How to introduce myself in interview

HEY everboby,
    I have an interview tomorrow so i need sb help me how to introduce myself and talk abouy my qualifications without any grammer wrong
    thanks to u all

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to introduce myself in interview

You want to learn to speak perfect English by tomorrow? You're expected to speak a lot in interviews, so if you have less than perfect grammar, that is going to come across in the interview. The important thing is to be confident, because you will not be judged on the suitability for the job based on your grammar, unless it is directly relevant to the role. A good idea would be to think of possible questions you might be asked, and think about how you might answer them. I wouldn't go so far as to prepare any answers though, because it will sound very artificial. Remember, an interview is just a conversation. You already have the skills to do the job, or they wouldn't offer you the interview. The interview is more about building up a rapport with the interviewer, and proving that you have the knowledge and/or experience to do the job, and you won't be able to do either if you're worrying about your grammar. Don't worry about your grammar, because there's nothing you can do to improve it by tomorrow. Focus on what you might be asked instead.

Not a teacher.

• Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Stupid. ;)

Anyway, a good way to introduce yourself would be: "Good morning/afternoon sir, my name is XX".
    Or, since the interviewer is likely to introduce himself first as "Mr. XX", you can answer something like "Good morning/afternoon, Mr. XX, pleased to meet you. My name is XX".

And now let it flow...
    :)

Not a teacher.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm With Stupid View Post
    You want to learn to speak perfect English by tomorrow? You're expected to speak a lot in interviews, so if you have less than perfect grammar, that is going to come across in the interview. The important thing is to be confident, because you will not be judged on the suitability for the job based on your grammar, unless it is directly relevant to the role. A good idea would be to think of possible questions you might be asked, and think about how you might answer them. I wouldn't go so far as to prepare any answers though, because it will sound very artificial. Remember, an interview is just a conversation. You already have the skills to do the job, or they wouldn't offer you the interview. The interview is more about building up a rapport with the interviewer, and proving that you have the knowledge and/or experience to do the job, and you won't be able to do either if you're worrying about your grammar. Don't worry about your grammar, because there's nothing you can do to improve it by tomorrow. Focus on what you might be asked instead.

Not a teacher.
    You may say stupid question not stupid man

• Post Thanks / Like

You have asked "How to introduce myself in interview", and we have tried our best.
    We didn't mean to offend you, you can take my honest word for it.
    That's what you get...

Never mind, crawl back in your hole and keep on learning English on your own.
    I guess you don't need us.

Have a nice day.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    You have asked "How to introduce myself in interview", and we have tried our best.
    We didn't mean to offend you, you can take my honest word for it.
    That's what you get...

Never mind, crawl back in your hole and keep on learning English on your own.
    I guess you don't need us.

Have a nice day.
    ok man i think i have to admit that i was wrong. so i'm very sorry Kraken and alot thanks for ur help.
    Have a nice day too

• Post Thanks / Like

We all make mistakes sometimes, and it takes a man to apologize and get things right.

No hard feelings.