Thread: please review

perezlisa is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please review

During my law college I have kept my extra curricular interests alive by taking active participation in cultural activities, sports and athletics. I was the student secretary of college cultural committee and led the athletics team as a captain. These activities help me evolve as a person. While cultural activities help in my social development, running provides me the endurance to work continuously for long hours.

Notes: law school is past and in graduted. I want to show that these activities was and is my medium of relieving stress from work/study. I am confused between past and present scenario in same paragraph. Should this be all be in past tense ? Please make any change you deed fit.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please review

Welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by perezlisa View Post
    During my time at law college I have kept kept my extra curricular interests alive by taking through my active participation in cultural activities, sports and athletics. I was the student secretary of the college cultural committee and led the athletics team as captain. These activities help me evolve develop as a person. While cultural activities helped in my social development, running provided me with the endurance to work continuously for long hours.

Notes: law school is past and in gradutedI have graduated. I want to show that what these activities was were and is my medium how they were the means of relieving stress from work/study. I am confused between past and present scenario in same paragraph. Should this be all be in past tense ? Please make any change you deed deem fit.
    Since the passage is all in the past - things that occurred while you were at college - then the tense should be past.