Unregistered Guest

Wink An diagram essay

My essay

The diagram compares the number of unpaid work hours per week between married men and married women. As an overall trend, it can be seen obviously that the number of hours women spend to do unpaid work increase considerably along with the growth of children quantity while that number hardly change for men.
    In households where there are no children, women are reported to spend nearly 30 hours per week to do unpaid work. Meanwhile, menís contribution for this kind of work is only about 18 hours.
    When children enter the household, the inequality becomes even more severe. In a family of one or two children, men maintain approximately the same level of hours working as in a childless household. However, the number of hours women work without being paid goes up enormously to over 50 hours.
    The most inequality appears to happen in households of three or more children. Menís contribution to unpaid work declines slightly to 17 hours per week whereas women spend up to 66 hours doing unpaid work, nearly four times as much as men.
    In conclusion, it is clear that the number of hours working unpaid by women is always higher than men and the gap becomes bigger and bigger as the result of the appearance of children in the households.

My essay
    The diagram compares the number of unpaid work hours per week between married men and married women. As an overall trend, it can be seen obviously that the number of hours women spend to do unpaid work increase considerably along with the growth of children quantity while that number hardly change for men.
    In households where there are no children, women are reported to spend nearly 30 hours per week to do unpaid work. Meanwhile, menís contribution for this kind of work is only about 18 hours.
    When children enter the household, the inequality becomes even more severe. In a family of one or two children, men maintain approximately the same level of hours working as in a childless household. However, the number of hours women work without being paid goes up enormously to over 50 hours.
    The most inequality appears to happen in households of three or more children. Menís contribution to unpaid work declines slightly to 17 hours per week whereas women spend up to 66 hours doing unpaid work, nearly four times as much as men.
    In conclusion, it is clear that the number of hours working unpaid by women is always higher than men and the gap becomes bigger and bigger as the result of the appearance of children in the households.

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: An diagram essay

My essay

The diagram compares the number of unpaid work hours per week between married men and women in the same household. As an overall trend, it can be seen that the number of hours women perform unpaid work increases considerably with the growth of the children, while that number only slightly increases for men.

In households where there are no children, women perform 30 hours per week in unpaid work. Meanwhile, menís contribution for this kind of work is only about 18 hours.

When children enter the household, the inequality becomes even more pronounced. In a family containing one or two children, men maintain approximately the same level of hours working as in a childless household. However, the number of hours women work without being paid increases to over 50 hours.

The highesrt level of inequality appears to take place in households containing three or more children. Menís contribution to unpaid work declines slightly to 17 hours per week, whereas women spend up to 66 hours performing unpaid work, nearly four times as much as men.

In conclusion, it is clear that the number of hours women perform unpaid work is always higher than men and the gap becomes larger when there are children in the household.