• Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

reason for doing sth OR

Hi, guys.
    Would you please tell me whether I can use the following sentence structure or not?

The reason for English speaker teachers to ask their Chinese students to pick an English given name is what you might be able to infer: Chinese names are a big challenge for their foreign tongues and they find what they have long been accustomed to more comfortable.

Should I always stick to "the reason for doing sth"? I mean, should the above sentence be changed to :

The reason for English speaker teachers asking their Chinese students to do pick an English name is what you might be able to infer: Chinese names are a big challenge for their foreign tongues and they find what they have long been accustomed to more comfortable.

I wrote the original sentence in my letter to a pen pal. I just get confused about which structure is acceptable to native speakers' ears.

Thanks.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: reason for doing sth OR

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyrichard View Post
    Hi, guys.
    Would you please tell me whether I can use the following sentence structure or not? No.

The reason for English speaker teachers to ask their Chinese students to pick an English given name is what you might be able to infer: Chinese names are a big challenge for their foreign tongues and they find what they have long been accustomed to more comfortable.

Should I always stick to "the reason for doing sth"? Yes

The reason for English speaker teachers asking their Chinese students to pick an English name is what you might be able to infer: Chinese names are a big challenge for their foreign tongues non-Chinese speakersand they find what they have long been accustomed to more comfortable.they are more comfortable with what they are used to.