First Iíd like to make my abbreviations clear. What I meant by :
- S = subject
- tran V = transitive verb
- intr V = intransitive verb
- int V = intensive / copular / linking verb
- Od = Direct Object (should I say DO instead?)
- Oi = Indirect Object (should I say IO instead?)
- Cs = subject complement / complement related to the subject
- Co = object complement / complement related to the object
- As = adverbial related to the subject
- Ao = adverbial related to the object
These are the abbreviations that my teacher used to use. Inspired by ďA Comprehensive English GrammarĒ by Quirk and Greenbaum. Shall I correct some of them?
According to you, what did he mean exactly by As and Ao?
This is a double-posting, the other one of which has already been responded to by Casiopea.