Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Here is the scenario. I just joined the Company ABC and still in training. At Company ABC, I’m working on shift whereby I have a lot of time. In order to utilize the free time, I plan to teaching at local and nearby university or college.
Yesterday I received an email from University XYZ. They asked me whether I’m available for the interview.
I really want the position as a part time which I don’t mentioned it while I writing email to them. Hopefully they can schedule the interview while I’m on leave because I’m working on shift. And hopefully, while I’m on off day, I can teaching there as a part time lecturer.
Here is the email from her and my draft. Your kind advice in this matter would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Dear Hampeh,
I am writing with regard to your application for a lecturing position at University of ABC.
I would like to invite you over for an interview next week. Will Thursday 11th September, 10 am be convenient for you?
Regards,
Michelle
Dear Michelle,
Thank you for your invitation. I really appreciate the opportunity given. The position is very fascinating.
FYI, I have just joined Company X this month and I will start working on shift as of the following.

M T W T F S S M T W T F S S
0 0 0 0 X X X X 0 0 0 X X X X

Where 0 is working days and X is off day. I’lll start the shift later after completed the training. Now I have to come at office at 9 – 5 every day.
As I joined the company, I wouldn’t be nice if I take a leave. Is it possible if your good side can wait until I’m working on shift whereby I can attend to the interview during my off day.
I’ll let you know when I got my full schedule on my shift.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you and best regards,
Hampeh

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Since the invitation is for a Thursday, then all you need to say in reply is Thank you for your e-mail, offering me an interview on xxxxx. I shall be able to attend this interview and shall look forward to meeting you then.

Keep any discussion of your current position until the matter is raised at the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.