jkm123 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please help me out.

HI all
    I'm new on here and would like some help.
    i work in the health care industry and I've just applied for a new job. the new job is a court manager. i have had a interview for this job before and i was told i just missed out on getting it, and that my letter skills let me down.
    the problem i have is they ask you to do a in tray exercise which involves writing a letter to health and safety. IE: if a flat/house is on fire the window was smashed and the curtains are on fire, what would you do. then it says write a letter to the health and safety explaining what you did. i know what to do, the problem I'm having is to put it in writing.
    thank you.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by jkm123 View Post
    HI all
    I'm new on here and would like some help.
    i work in the health care industry and I've just applied for a new job. the new job is a court manager. i have had a interview for this job before and i was told i just missed out on getting it, and that my letter skills let me down.
    the problem i have is they ask you to do a in tray exercise which involves writing a letter to health and safety. IE: if a flat/house is on fire the window was smashed and the curtains are on fire, what would you do. then it says write a letter to the health and safety explaining what you did. i know what to do, the problem I'm having is to put it in writing.
    thank you.
    Welcome to the forums.

Could you write a letter containing what you would say, post it here and then we can comment on your approach and technique.

See here for layout and styles: Formal Letter Writing - Articles - UsingEnglish.com

Remember when posting that we do prefer the conventions of punctuation and capitalisation to be followed.