Unregistered Guest

Default Carrer Degree and Educational Level?

Hi All,

I'm trying to apply for a job however I have some doubts?
    One of the fields I have to fill in is "Educational Level" which the options are: "University: Currently Attending", "Currently Attending Undergraduate" and "Graduated Undergraduate".
    What are the differences between all these options?

After that I have another filed "Career Degree (Precise the name of your career degree)" which I have no idea what to write. Any suggestion? What is Career Degree?

I'll graduate in electrical engineering by the end of this year and I also don't know "what I will be"

Thank you all

Post Thanks / Like

Default Educational Level and Career Degree doubts

Hi All,

One of the fields I have to fill in is "Educational Level" which the options are: "University: Currently Attending", "Currently Attending Undergraduate" and "Graduated Undergraduate".

After that I have another filed "Career Degree (Precise the name of your career degree)" which I have no idea what to write. Any suggestion? What is Career Degree?

I'll graduate in electrical engineering by the end of this year and I also don't know "what I will be"

Thank you all

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Educational Level and Career Degree doubts

Quote Originally Posted by claudiocrs View Post
    Hi All,

Thank you all
    I would write B.E. (completing end of this year in Electrical Engineering). BE (Bachelor of Engineering) - put the exact name of your degree here, of course. I'd tick boxes 1 and 2. since they mean the same thing. I hope there's a box for you to write in "BE etc."

Career Degree (Precise the name of your career degree)"
    You don't have a degree yet, but I assume you want to be an Electrical Engineer, since that's what you are studying. Give the precise name as above: Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (finishing end of this year).
    Again, give the exact title of your degree.
    If you're applying for a job in Electrical Engineering, that's all you'd need to write.
    If you're applying for a job apart from electrical engineering, eg. in Computers or Marketing, you'd have to tell them what skills you've learnt in those areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Raymott,

Just one more thing.
    Could I say "Graduate Diploma in Electrical Engineering" or just "Diploma in Electrical Engineering" instead of "Bachelor of Electrical Engineering". (for Career Degree)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Carrer Degree and Educational Level?

(not a teacher, but a native speaker, and have applied for many jobs myself!)

University: Currently Attending means that you haven't finish school yet.
    Undergraduate is the first 4 years of college/university, from which you receive a Bachelors degree (either BS or BA)

Graduated Undergraduate means that you graduated and completed the first 4 years or so of college/university with either a BS or BA degree (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science).

Career Degree is what you are majoring in. Your Career Degree will be in Electrical Engineering (good job!).

After you graduate you will most likely have and Undergraduate degree like a Bachelor of Science degree, making you a College or University Graduate.

If you were to continue your education after that, it would be considered a Graduate degree. Anything after a Bachelors's degree is considered a graduate degree, like a Masters Degree (MS) and the degree after that would be a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). Those are considered "Graduate Degrees". I know, its confusing because the word graduate is both a verb and an adjective. The verb means to finish a course of study, and the adjective means much higher education.

best of luck

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claudiocrs View Post
    Thanks Raymott,

Just one more thing.
    Could I say "Graduate Diploma in Electrical Engineering" or just "Diploma in Electrical Engineering" instead of "Bachelor of Electrical Engineering". (for Career Degree)
    As I said, you just tell the truth.
    If you going to receive a Graduate Diploma (which is actually a post-graduate course) then you say that.
    There are levels of value Certificate < Diploma < Degree < Grad Certificate < Post-graduate Diploma < Masters.
    Only you know what award you will be given; and if you don't know, you need to speak to your University Student administration and find out.

There is one other situation you might be in. You might have a Diploma in Electrical Engineering and are studying to upgrade it to a Bachelor's degree. In that case, you should tell them exactly that - what you already have now; and what you will have at the end of the year.