Iro4eka is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation [b]check American English[/b]

Hello! I am a Russian language speaker. I'm working at several translation projects now and experience some problems with making my text sound more natural. The target audience is AE speakers so the matter is of vital importance for me. I will be really grateful for everybody who just answers me if the following statements sound natural for native speakers or not. Here they are:
    1. Negative information embodies a great amount of distractive energy which might trigger destroying effect of our well-being, feelings and self-evaluation.
    2. Having lively imagination will make it easier to take advantage of the shielding-in-the-moment method known as “waterfall technique”
    3. Having no possibility to make a trek to the country, go for a stroll to the park to get an eyeful of nature's peace and take the air. The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders of nature, the less we think of all the life’s daily stresses and fill up with an amazing sense of peace and well being.
    4. Dissipate the onset of negative emotions by letting off steam at the gym. Get physical until the pleasant sensation of weariness arises.

It should be added that these are entries for blogs, so I will appreciate your advice how to make them more "blog-oriented" if they are not. You may contact me by skype or icq.
    I thank everybody for the support in advance!!

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: [b]check American English[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Iro4eka View Post
    1. Negative information embodies a great amount of distractive energy which might trigger destroying effect of our well-being, feelings and self-evaluation.

Negative information could trigger a destructive effect on feelings of well-being and self-assurance.

2. Having a lively imagination will make it easier to take advantage of the shielding-in-the-moment method known as “waterfall technique”

3. Having no possibility to make a trek to the country, go for a stroll to the park to get an eyeful of nature's peace and take the air. The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders of nature, the less we think of all the life’s daily stresses and fill up with an amazing sense of peace and well being.

With no chance to take a walk in the country, go for a stroll in the park to appreciate the peacefulness of nature and the fresh air. The more focussed on the wonders of nature, the less we are thinking of daily stress and the more we are filled with a sense of well-being.

4. Dissipate the onset of negative emotions by letting off steam at the gym. Get physical until the pleasant sensation of weariness arises.

Rid yourself of negative emotions through physical activity. Do as much as you can until you begin to feel tired

They are a bit wordy and could do with simplifying.

Iro4eka is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: [b]check American English[/b]

Thank You a lot for your comments!!! I am a new user and didn't manage to understand the site organization properly - this was the reason of the double posting. Regards!