• Post Thanks / Like

Have I grasped the basics?

Hey,

I'm learning to write and have started with a process paragraph (one that describes how to do something). I'm concerned that the topic sentence is not phrased well and that it isn't well written. Can anyone give opinion? Thank you.

Mastering the basics of chi kung meditation will equip the beginner with

the knowledge of their body and mental discipline that they will need before

moving on to more advanced techniques. Start out by finding a quiet place where you know

you will not be disturbed. Sitting cross-legged on the floor; breathe at a normal pace

and allow any thoughts swim into your mind to fall away. Allow yourself several

minutes to relax and forget about everything in your day so that your mind is left blank

and relaxed. The meditation begins with a deep five second inhalation through the nose.

Start this breath by pushing out your lower abdomen in order to expand your

diaphragm and let the bottom of your lungs fill with air. As you feel your stomach stretching to it's

limit begin to expand your chest to continue filling your lungs to their limit. Once a full breath has

been achieved allow the air to slowly leak out of the mouth over a ten second

count. Let your chest to deflate naturally and then slowly contract your abdomen to ensure no air is left in your

lungs. At the end of the exhalation it should feel as though you are forcing every last bit of air with

your abdomen. Then, with a tight stomach and empty of air, deny your body oxygen by refraining to

inhale for five seconds. Ignore the panic that floods your mind and at the end of the five seconds

restart the breathing from the beginning. Circling through this process for twenty minutes will teach

the student to understand their body on a deeper level, and develop the intense mental focus that

will be essential for more advanced techniques as well as aid them in their day to day life.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have I grasped the basics?

Lots of people have viewed but noone has said anything. Why?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

I suggest:

Mastering the basics of chi kung meditation will equip the beginner with knowledge about the body and will help to increase mental discipline.

(You have used the other parts of the sentence in your summary sentence)

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thevor View Post
    Start out by finding a quiet place where you know
    you will not be disturbed. Sitting cross-legged on the floor, breathe at a normal pace and allow any thoughts to fall away. Allow yourself several minutes to relax and forget about everything in your day so that your mind is left blank and relaxed. The meditation begins with a deep five-second inhalation through the nose.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

As you feel your stomach stretching to its
    limit begin to expand your chest to continue filling your lungs to their limit.
    Repeating this process for twenty minutes will teach the student to understand their body on a deeper level, and develop the intense mental focus that will be essential for more advanced techniques as well as aid them in their day to day life.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much everyone
    I'm going to keep coming to this site while I continue to learn.

• Post Thanks / Like

seems you mastered the basics of English but haven't really mastered the basics of text formatting :)

Don't forget, in the future, when you post long texts, write them in paragraphs, at maximum 1-2 sentences per paragraph.

You want proof? Try to read this:

seems you mastered the basics of English but haven't really mastered the basics of text formatting :) Don't forget, in the future, when you post long texts, write them in paragraphs, at maximum 1-2 sentences per paragraph. I am a little little cowboy ha ha ha. Who wanna bet me? hahahahaha. Blablablblablalbal

Get the point? :)

• Post Thanks / Like

In order to improve your writing, you should have strong English gramatical skills, so that you may write well any kind of phrases and there is a need of more improvements in your paragraph!