sara88 is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this natural English part 02

Hello friends
    Could you please check my own compositions and tell me if I use the new vocabulary I've learned in a natural way or not?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Here we go:

Not accepting his work caused resentment to him.
    When writing an academic essay, use your strong arguments and avoid limitations.
    Although his report was well done, it also contains some limitations.
    He has a mature personality even though he's still young.
    Those last events demonstrate how weak and irresponsible the government is.
    He's distinct from others by his own views and typical attitudes.
    Students should enforce themselves on well organizing their time, or they won't get any work done.
    Parents should enforce limiting the time spent in front of TV or video games by their children, in addition to encouraging them to play with their siblings outdoors. Otherwise, children will be more likely to have health problems and weak communication skills.
    She said that many of his hidden characteristics were exposed when she traveled with him last time, so she was able to know his true self.
    The protection of the environment must be a global concern.
    At the end she said desperately: "The forthcoming days will display who is right from who is wrong".
    Good luck in your forthcoming college courses.
    I'm so happy and I'm getting ready for my forthcoming trip.
    I decided to take part time job this year in order to fund my studies. (or to cover some of my study fees).
    Their idea of the new project seems very interesting but they can't fund it.
    He's dreaming about pursuing his studies, however; the fact that he needs to fund them himself is scaring and bothering him.
    Parents can guarantee a bright future for their children if they work hard in rising them with good values.
    Exercising on a daily basis is fundamental to remaining healthier and happier for long time.
    Being a successful person requires many characteristics such as sincerity and integrity.
    Lack of courage inhibits her from trying new ways of doing things.
    Lack of silence inhibits me from concentrating and working seriously.

Neillythere is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this natural English part 02

Hi Sara

As a Brit, but not a teacher, my instant preference would be:

Not accepting his work caused him resentment
    When writing an academic essay, use good strong arguments and avoid limitations.
    Although his report was well done, it also contained some limitations.
    The latest events demonstrate how weak and irresponsible the government is.
    He's distinct from others because of/as a result of his own views and typical attitudes.
    Students should force themselves to organise their time well , or they won't get any work done.
    Parents should enforce limiting the time spent in front of TV or video games by their children, in addition to encouraging them to play with their siblings outdoors. Otherwise, children will be more likely to have health problems and weak communication skills.
    She said that many of his hidden characteristics were exposed when she traveled with him last time, so she was able to know his true self.
    At the end, she said desperately: "The coming days will display who is right from who is wrong".
    Good luck in your upcoming college courses.
    [I hope you will be more forthcoming on what you plan to do when you leave home.]
    I decided to take part time job this year in order to fund my studies. (or to cover some of my study fees).
    Their idea for the new project seems very interesting but they can't fund it.
    He's dreaming about pursuing his studies, however; the fact that he needs to fund them himself is scaring and bothering him.
    Parents can guarantee a bright future for their children if they work hard in raising them with good values.
    Exercising on a daily basis is fundamental to remaining healthier and happier.
    Being a successful person requires many characteristics such as sincerity and integrity.
    Lack of silence prevents me from concentrating and working seriously.

Hope these help
    Best regards
    NT

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this natural English part 02

Quote Originally Posted by sara88 View Post
    Hello friends
    Could you please check my own compositions sentences and tell me if I use the new vocabulary I've learned in a natural way or not?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Here we go:

Not accepting his work caused resentment to him. Not quite right. "...caused him some resentment."

When writing an academic essay, use your strong arguments and avoid limitations. Not a correct use.

Although his report was well done, it also contains some limitations.
    Those last events demonstrate how weak and irresponsible the government is.
    He's distinct from others by his own views and typical attitudes.He is distinctive in his view and attitude.

Students should enforce themselves on well organizing their time, or they won't get any work done. Students need to enforce good discipline on themselves,...

Parents should enforce limiting the time a limit on the time spent by their children in front of TV or video games, in addition to encouraging them to play with their siblings outdoors. Otherwise, children will be more likely to have health problems and weak communication skills.
    She said that many of his hidden characteristics were exposed when she travelled with him last time, so she was able to know discovered his true self. nature.

At the end she said desperately: "The forthcoming days will display who is right from who is wrong". but rather old-fashioned.

Good luck in your forthcoming college courses.
    I decided to take a part time job this year in order to fund my studies.(or to cover some of my study fees).
    Their idea for the new project seems very interesting but they can't fund it.

He's dreaming about pursuing his studies; however; the fact that he needs to fund them himself is scaring and bothering him.
    Parents can guarantee a bright future for their children if they work hard in rising at inculcating good values in thems.
    Exercising on a daily basis is fundamental to remaining healthier and happier for long time.
    Lack of silenceToo much noiseinhibits me from concentrating and working seriously. verb use fine.