Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TeaMart is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Question TTC (Teacher Training Center)

hello all the dear teachers of English. I'm about to take part in the Teacher Training course one of these days. I'd like to know anything about this course and what does the trainer usually do at the class. they told me that if i don't try my best at the class, I won't be qualified for teaching. please tell me what i should do at the class to get the qualification. Please help me teachers!

matilda Guest

Wink Re: TTC (Teacher Training Center)

Hello my dear friend.How are you?

I live in Iran too.I participated in a T.T.C course in 1993(1382) at University of jahad (jahad daneshgahi)in Shiraz.
    Where do YOU want to pass this course?What city and what company?
    The couurse was really of no use for me.No Institution accepted me as a teacher when they knew I haven't attended the university.

The course is not bad.I went to the university the next year, and now I'm working in some institutions. the books and the courses were EXACTLY the ones I passed at the
    T.T.C course. But maybe because we pass the couse in a short time, nobody believes in us.
    If you are interested in passing a course, attend the classes, but do not count on having a job after graduation because the institution managers prefer to hire
    M.A or B.A studemts rather than students with diploma or an unrelated field of study

Mathilde

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TTC (Teacher Training Center)

Hello dear matilda. i'm very well, thank you. I live in Kerman. I'm going to take the course soon in my town, the capital of Kerman province (kerman).well it's a private institute called Farhang in the town. Well, I've already taken some tests such as the TOEFL and oral test (interview). The interviewer told me that the result was satisfactory and they told me to contact them the other day. When I asked them about teacher training couse, they told me that it's a demo(demonstration) which gives me the oppotunity to show up in the class as an English teacher(acting) in front of the trainer so he can evalute my ability of teaching. Other treanees are treated as students listening to my words at the class. Therefore it's not like a real class that I thought. the course consists of 16 hours of training and the payment is 85,000 tomans. I don't know if it's worth paying specially when they told me the outcome is unclear!

All the best, Martin (Mohammad)

Post Thanks / Like

Hello dear matilda. i'm very well, thank you. I live in Kerman. I'm going to take the course soon in my town, the capital of Kerman province (kerman).well it's a private institute called Farhang in the town. Well, I've already taken some tests such as the TOEFL and oral test (interview). The interviewer told me that the result was satisfactory and they told me to contact them the other day. When I asked them about teacher training couse, they told me that it's a demo(demonstration) which gives me the oppotunity to show up in the class as an English teacher(acting) in front of the trainer so he can evalute my ability of teaching. Other treanees are treated as students listening to my words at the class. Therefore it's not like a real class that I thought. the course consists of 16 hours of training and the payment is 85,000 tomans. I don't know if it's worth paying specially when they told me the outcome is unclear!

All the best, Martin (Mohammad)

matilda Guest

my dear friend, teamart

As i said before, I passed the course before.
    But I have two questions:
    1.are they going to use you as a teacher there?I mean do you plan to work as an english teacher in that institution?
    2.was YOUR major at the university english?

I passed the course in 6 months(the duration i mean) in 1382 . But I couldn't find a job as an english teacher since i entered the university.
    But there are some institutions that take a TOEFL test and make T.T.C course when they want to hire new teachers.
    The salary is not much, of course. I receive 40,000 tomans for children and 60,000 tomans for adults for each class in each TERM.
    It's the payment order in Shiraz.hope you can receive much in Kerman

Regards,
    Mathilde(Mahboobe)
    Last edited by matilda; 10-Sep-2008 at 19:26.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

The course presenters look well qualified, but I can't help thinking that they might do a slick presentation that is pleasant at the time, but after a few days the benefits wear off- the halo effect felt at many motivational training courses.

Post Thanks / Like

hello dear motilda. yes that's right they're going to use me as an English teacher in the institute. Another yes to the plans. No, my major was computer at the university, although i like studying English as well. Well, I've already taken the toefl exam and gotten alowed to have an interview for taking part in the T.T course. Finally, i was accepted and then signed up for the course. I've also presented the demo part in the final phase of the couse. It was really a crash course! took only 3 days. I'm waiting for the outcome of my presentation. May the almighty change things for me. Amen

All the best, Martin

matilda Guest

Wink Re: TTC (Teacher Training Center)

amen

Hope you can start your job as an english teacher, and GOOD LUCK

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dear matilda. Well at last the news came out. I've got qualified but with some certain conditions. I am required to attend some class to observe it and therefore gain sufficient knowledge of teaching and controlling the atmosphere of the class. To some extent My presentation at the demo or trial was no as acceptable as expected. It's a blessing that my friend is a teacher and can provide me with observing his class. God willing I'll start my career officially soon. Above of, I'm so glad I am in contact with you. Thank you and god bless

matilda Guest

Wow!!!!!
    Congratulations . i'm really happy that you got the chance to work where you want.
    Ihave a good news of my own. i got accepted in another language institution and i will start there for the autumn course. It's one of the best institutions in shiraz.

Good luck my friend

Mathilde

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast