• Swahili
      • Home Country:
      • Congo
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying a used car - text for review

Hi,

I am writing a thread on how to buy a used car smartly. The following text is part of that. Can you please review it for grammatical and punctuation errors? Thanks. MG.

Getting a reliable mechanic. You need to have a reliable mechanic on your side to get an unbiased review on the car you plan to buy. As I did not know any reliable mechanic, I used the services provided by APA, the Automobile Protection Association, a non-profit association dedicated to promoting consumer interests in the marketplace. You can call them up and ask to suggest one of their reliable mechanics located in your neighborhood. The mechanic charges around $75 to $100 for a through inspection and gives his opinion in writing only to you. Believe me this additional cost is worth it. My mechanic checked 56 points in my car, and gave me a detail analysis of the existing snags in the car as well as potential problems that can develop down the line. Be prepared to walk away from the car if the problems surfaced in the inspection are serious or there is a likelihood of serious problems in the future. Another advantage of this inspection is that it counts as the mandatory safety check required by the Ministry of Transportation.

Mandatory tests. When you buy a used car, you need to have two mandatory tests done on the car: 1. Safety check 2. Emissions test. It is not necessary that the buyer has to do those tests. Some sellers have these tests done on their vehicles before they put them up for sale. Some sellers will try to tell you that they have done the safety check and you need not have to have an inspection from your mechanic. Please do not agree to that point. An inspection from your trusted mechanic, I think, is the most important precaution you can take to avoid being fooled. If a seller has not performed those tests on his car, you can use that point for your advantage by telling him that you would pay for the safety check and asking him to pay for the emissions test. I had my emissions test done from the same mechanic.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buying a used car - text for review

Quote Originally Posted by musicgold View Post
    Hi,

I am writing a thread on how to buy a used car smartly. The following text is part of that. Can you please review it for grammatical and punctuation errors? Thanks. MG.

Getting a reliable mechanic. You need to have a reliable mechanic on your side to get an unbiased review on the car you plan to buy. As I did not know any reliable mechanic, I used the services provided by APA, the Automobile Protection Association, a non-profit association dedicated to promoting consumer interests in the marketplace. You can call them up and ask to suggest one of their them to suggest/for suggestions about reliable mechanics located in your neighborhood. The mechanic charges around $75 to $100 for a through inspection and gives his opinion in writing only to you. Believe me, this additional cost is worth it. My mechanic checked 56 points in my car, and gave me a detailed analysis of the existing snags in the car as well as potential problems that can might/coulddevelop down the line. Be prepared to walk away from the car if the problems surfaced revealed/discovered in the inspection are serious or there is a likelihood of serious problems in the future. Another advantage of this inspection is that it counts as the mandatory safety check required by the Ministry of Transportation.

Mandatory tests. When you buy a used car, you need to have two mandatory tests done on the car: 1. Safety check 2. Emissions test. It is not necessary that the buyer has to do those tests for the buyer to have the tests done . Some sellers have these tests done on their vehicles before they put them up for sale. Some sellers will try to tell you that they have done the safety check and you need not have to have an inspection from your mechanic. Please do not agree to that point. An inspection from your trusted mechanic, I think, is the most important precaution you can take to avoid being fooled. If a seller has not performed those tests on his car, you can use that point for your advantage by telling him that you would will pay for the safety check and asking him to pay for the emissions test. I had my emissions test done from the same mechanic.