suyana is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help me to write a letter

Please help me to write this letter for the police. I am gonna write a letter to police regarding the alleged offence of excees speed. this is because i was in a hurry to coming home from work because of my wife got locked herself in the toilet and couldnt open the door becouse the door lock got stucked and i hav a toddler who is only 6 months and he was in the bedroom crying becouse he need his mom for feeding. she was in the toilet for a long hours. and there was one of my aunt she couldnt open the door so she called me while i was at work. i was so tensed and hav to come back home. thats y i exceed the speed limit. i dont know how to write this in a good english pls help me.

thank you

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help me to write a letter

Welcome to the forums. First, read through this link:Formal Letter Writing - Articles - UsingEnglish.com

Quote Originally Posted by suyana View Post
    Please help me to write this letter for the police. I am gonna write a letter to police regarding the alleged offence of excees speed. this is because i was in a hurry to coming home from work because of my wife got locked herself in the toilet and couldnt open the door becouse the door lock got stucked and i hav a toddler who is only 6 months and he was in the bedroom crying becouse he need his mom for feeding. she was in the toilet for a long hours. and there was one of my aunt she couldnt open the door so she called me while i was at work. i was so tensed and hav to come back home. thats y i exceed the speed limit. i dont know how to write this in a good english pls help me.

thank you
    Points to remember:

The first word in a sentence is always with a Capital letter.
    The personal pronoun "I" is always a capital letter.
    Avoid informal terms in a formal letter [mother, not mom; going to, not gonna].

If you write your letter and post it here, we can then comment on it.