• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dance!

I am an english learner. Can anyone of you correct my essay? I would be very thankful for your help!

If you come to a foreign country, then you can see all sorts of dances in different countries. There may be folk dance, disco dance, hip-hop dance, social dance etc. Different dances are for different people of different ages and different social status.

Dancing is important for a culture and the society. First of all, Dancing can show the history and the social background of a culture. I have learned that there is a dance in South America. The country was a colony of Portugal and the Portuguese did not allow them to practice any kind of martial arts and so the people modified the martial art into a dance with music. Therefore they can reserve their culture and they can protect themselves from the enemies. In some other countries, if there was a war or a pandemic happened in the country, they may celebrate the victory of the war or to remember the tragedy by dancing. So if we study a dance closely, we may know the culture and the history of the country.

Dancing does not only show the history of a culture. It also shapes the culture. If people dance a lot, then the country would be healthier because dancing is good for everybody’s life. Dancing is one of the sports and it can keep our body fit and it is suitable for everybody whether you are young or old. It is not very exhausting and it is fun too because people can dance with their friends with the music on. The ambience is very comforting. Everyone would love it. People can build a better relationship with their friends and their family if they dance in this comforting environment. The society would be more harmonious and healthier if everybody loves dancing.

All in all, I think dancing is good for a culture. It shows the history and the social background of a culture and it can also help the society to be more harmonious and healthier. People would live longer and happier if they love dancing.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by polygon View Post
    !

If you come to a foreign country, then you can see all sorts of dances in different countries. There may be folk dance, disco dance, hip-hop dance, social dance etc. Different dances are for different people of different ages and different social status.
    There are all sorts of dances in coutries all over the world. There are folk dances, disco dances, hip-hop dances, social dances, etc. Different dances are for different people of different ages and differing social status.