Topic: Parks and the City
Here is my tentative thesis:
Away from highrising buildings and crowded streets, parks provide the city and its citizens numerous benefits.
My controlling ideas will be (so what benefits do parks provide)
1. Plants in parks produce oxygen we will inhale and absorb carbon dioxide we exhale. Therefore plants can reduce air pollution.
2. Plants can decrease the monotonous environment for people. People like variety, and so donít like monotony. If we see the skyscrapers, brick houses, motor way, many people, lamp poles, we are not satisfied with the environment every time. The plants in the parks decrease such tension.
3. Straight lines can make us rigid. Plants can soften the rigidness of us.
4. In environment, we see various colors. The natural green color of the plants can make our eyes cool.
5. In sunny day, the plants make the environment cold by taking cold wind and transpiring water from the minute holes of the plants.
6. The parks can add the environment of the city with beauty.
7. There are many things left, I canít mention.