• Post Thanks / Like

the preposition before 'aspect'

Hello, Teachers.

Which preposition should be used before the word 'aspect' when it means 'a particular part or feature of a situation, an idea, a problem, etc'? I've seen 'from', 'on' and 'in' being used in different contexts, but I'm very very confused about the difference among them. Could you show me some explanations or examples?

In the following sentences, which should be used?
    1. She felt she had looked at the problem from/on/in every aspect.
    2. The consultancy gives advice to manufacturers from/on/in the health and safety aspects of their products.
    3. The service was excellent from/on/in every aspect.
    4. mirror contemporary life from/on/in its best and worst aspects

Enydia ^_^

71-66

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: the preposition before 'aspect'

Quote Originally Posted by enydia View Post
    Hello, Teachers.

Which preposition should be used before the word 'aspect' when it means 'a particular part or feature of a situation, an idea, a problem, etc'? I've seen 'from', 'on' and 'in' being used in different contexts, but I'm very very confused about the difference among them. Could you show me some explanations or examples?

1. She felt she had looked at the problem from every aspect. She has considered all angles and possibilities.
    2. The consultancy gives advice to manufacturers on the health and safety aspects of their products. about these aspect
    3. The service was excellent from every aspect. from all views
    4. mirror contemporary life in its best and worst aspects in all its parts

Enydia ^_^

71-66

As a general question, it would be better as "Which preposition can be used", rather than "should be used". There are many different possibilities, depending on the situation and context.

Specifically, which should be used in the above sentences relates to the context.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enydia
    Hello, Teachers.

1. She felt she had looked at the problem from every aspect. She has considered all angles and possibilities.
    [Is your wording because of 'look at sth from a particular angle'? I think I can also say '... looked at all the aspects of the problem', can't I?]

2. The consultancy gives advice to manufacturers on the health and safety aspects of their products. about these aspect
    [Is your wording because of 'advice on/about sth'?]

[Is your wording because of 'the service was considered as excellent from a particular angle'?]

[It's very difficult for me to understand this choice of 'in'. Could you give me some further explanation?]

Enydia ^_^

71-66

As a general question, it would be better as "Which preposition can be used", rather than "should be used". There are many different possibilities, depending on the situation and context.

Specifically, which should be used in the above sentences relates to the context.

Thank you very much for your patience and detailed explanation, Teacher Anglika.
    Last edited by enydia; 25-Sep-2008 at 02:30.

• Post Thanks / Like

[Is your wording because of 'look at sth from a particular angle'? I think I can also say '... looked at all the aspects of the problem', can't I?] Yes

[Is your wording because of 'advice on/about sth'?] Yes

[Is your wording because of 'consider sth from a particular angle'?] Yes

[It's very difficult for me to understand this choice of 'in'. Could you give me some further explanation?] In this context "in" isused as a function word to indicate inclusion within limits, the limits here being "best" and "worst".

Hope that helps!

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    [Is your wording because of 'look at sth from a particular angle'? I think I can also say '... looked at all the aspects of the problem', can't I?] Yes

[Is your wording because of 'advice on/about sth'?] Yes

[Is your wording because of 'consider sth from a particular angle'?] Yes

[It's very difficult for me to understand this choice of 'in'. Could you give me some further explanation?] In this context "in" isused as a function word to indicate inclusion within limits, the limits here being "best" and "worst".

Hope that helps!
    Very helpfule!

Thanks a bunch!