• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Life Is Never the Way You Want It To Be

Dear native-speaker teachers, please check my writing for any mistakes ! Thanks a lot for your help!

Life Is Never the Way You Want It To Be

I just had a long talk with my Mom over the phone. We usually have a long talk on the phone at weekends. This time it was about life's blessings and misfortunes. We talked about experiences of ourselves , of people around us and of those we know about. And then we came to a conclusion: Life is never the way you want it to be.
    When I fell in love with my then boyfriend, all I had in my dreams was a cozy house of our own. We would cuddle each night in the cold windy darkness and pictured our future home and our sweet married life together. However, when we finally made it to a marriage with a baby girl , we both became so fed up with the other that the only thing in my mind then was to go away from home, or rather, from my husband.
    Now I am teaching and living with my daughter in a different city from his. He joins us at weekends and after enjoying a two-day reunion with us, he goes back to his own place. Two years flashed by before I knew it. Now my mother asked me when he would come to live with us in my city so that he could help take care of our daughter and the household."Not until he is retired and too old to quarrel with me." I told Mom. It would be more than twenty years away then. My Mom reminded me. Of course, I know that. However, it is the only choice I have. Though I do treasure every minute of our being together at weekends, I kind of resist the idea of having him with me all the time. We are too much dislike each other. I hate noisy TV sounds and he hates it whenever I sit up and surf the Net. I can hardly stand the slow moves he makes in the kitchen when doing cooking. And he finds my criticism of his smoking unbearable. So, it will do us both good to live apart until we are too old to summon the energy needed for a quarrel or a fight.
    Isn't that shameful? My Mom sighed. Nope. This is the way it shoud be. From my past experiences and from those of others, I have learnt more than enough what life is about. Life can be everything but the one you want it to be. So just live the life you have now and never waste time trying to plan a life for yourself.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Life Is Never the Way You Want It To Be

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseed View Post

I just had a long talk with my Mom over the phone. We usually have a long talk on the phone at weekends. This time it was about life's blessings and misfortunes. We talked about experiences of ourselves , of people around us and of those we know about. And then we came to a conclusion: Life is never the way you want it to be.
    I just had a long talk with my Mom over the phone. We usually have a long talk on the phone at weekends. This time it was about life's blessings and misfortunes. We talked about our experiences. We talked about those around us and those we know about. And then we came to a conclusion: Life is never the way you want it to be.
    BrE: at weekends
    AmE: on weekends

Make more paragraphs!

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Life Is Never the Way You Want It To Be

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseed View Post
    When I fell in love with my then boyfriend, all I had in my dreams was a cozy house of our own. We would cuddle each night in the cold windy darkness and pictured our future home and our sweet married life together. However, when we finally made it to a marriage with a baby girl , we both became so fed up with the other that the only thing in my mind then was to go away from home, or rather, from my husband.
    When I fell in love with my then boyfriend, all I had in my dreams was a cozy house of our own. We would cuddle each night in the cold windy darkness and picture our future home and our sweet married life together. However, when we finally became married and had a baby girl we became so fed up with each other that the only thing on my mind then was to leave home, or rather, my husband.